12. Looking Into Cosmos

Start from the beginning

I couldn't even communicate with them.

I felt perturbed with the thought of Avery being in danger. Though it relieved me that she was staying at grandparents' home; a place unknown to everybody. Hopefully, her life would never be endangered like mine. No chance in hell. I would never tolerate that.

"Whoa! I finally found her, my soulmate!"

A smooth, masculine voice sounded over the buzz of the high-schoolers, snapping me out of my grim thoughts.

With a sidelong glance, I found him standing there in amazement. Precisely wide-eyed. His skin glistened with perspiration as if he had been running. A lazy smile touched his lips, hazel eyes twinkling mischievously as he plopped down on the vacant seat next to me.

He's really handsome, I concluded.

My gaze raked through his princely features, but then an unbidden image of Jayden flashed at the back of my mind. I ignored it.

"Where have you been my whole life, sweetheart?" He inquired, gazing at me intently.

In the world where I belong. What is it to you, normal human?

Though it wasn't a question I could answer out loud. Soulmate. I stiffened, berating myself for focusing more on his appearance than the words he had spoken. It was new, I reckon, seeing people of whole another realm. I tentatively peered into his eyes, searching for a sign or something.

He couldn't be my fated one.

Every Astorasian had a fated one. And fortunate were those people who had their soulmates within Astorasia itself; considering the chances of finding your human soulmate were quite narrow. The human dimension was also vast in itself and not every Astorasian visited here. Usually only the travellers, dark witches and mages roamed free in this world.

My parents were lucky but so were most people I knew. Astorasian soulmates were decided by fates themselves so that meant that they were the other half of the person. For instance, my parents were an amusing pair.

Power of Destruction happened to be one of the three fated gifts bestowed on my father. Interestingly enough, my mother happened to have Power of Creation. It was like they completed each other and that's how fated soulmates were supposed to be.

Though it was amusing at the times they fought. Once my father, in his angry outburst, had destroyed an entire hall of the castle. Surprisingly enough, it got restored within a second by my mother. They weren't fighting with each other but angry at circumstances. Nonetheless, six years old me found the situation really funny.

I remember how their faces had immediately softened upon hearing my laughter. It was the day I had met with the high priestess. I certainly didn't knew the consequences of the meeting back then.

"Are you so stunned by my awesomeness that now you can't even speak?" He tapped his knuckles against the desk, in an attempt to seek out my attention.

I paused, admiring the broad carefree grin touching his lips. He just radiated mischievousness.

"Are you really my fated soulmate?" I asked him with my eyes narrowed at him suspiciously. My voice seemed steady and serious enough to demand an answer.

"Of course, I am. The Prince Charming that you've been waiting since forever. Don't worry babe, I am finally here for you!" His smooth voice was exuding confidence as he smirked at the end.

"Are you Prince Charming? Which Kingdom do you belong to?"

"Couldn't your parents find a suitable name for you?" I piped in quickly. I had other questions too but these were on the top of the priority list.