"That is what he said you say to him every day." I said, taking my purse back.

"Sorry, ginger but seriously you stupid." She giggled. "Some people here do this acting in order to rob people and if they were here today you would've been robbed."

"You already robbed me." I stated.

"I didn't. I will pay you back tomorrow." She replied. "I can see it in your face that you don't believe me but I swear on my father's grave that I am not lying. I was in a hurry that is why I left my money at home. I only have my ID with me because I need it to enter here."

"Why do you even come here?" I questioned.

"I got married recently, the worst thing I ever did." She rolled her eyes. "I did it because of a favor and now I am paying the price. I regret getting married." A tear dropped from her eye.

"Your necklace looks expensive." I changed the topic.

"I got it from my mother." She answered and Elijah came with Adrian.

"Annette." Adrian hugged me. "You look beautiful."

"I will leave." The woman left and I turned to Elijah angry.

"You left me alone." I shouted. "This place is not for me, I got robbed and these people are not so nice. I want to go to a normal club or home." 

"Don't her parents say she is a lioness?" Adrian giggled. "Annette dear, this place is not scary. It's actually the best club. The owner is our friend so don't be afraid to order whatever you want. It's on the house." 

I don't like the fact I am here in a club when I am still a target. I still don't know who drugged me that night so I can't trust Adrian. What if he is the one that drugged me on business award as a prank or to get back at Elijah. I am so confused about who wants me dead and why Kathleen wants to destroy the Carsons. 

Elijah's POV.

The only reason I brought Annette here is to take things off her mind. I don't want her stressing over Kathleen. I know she hates Kathleen because of me. She only wants to protect me but I don't need her protection. I am the one that needs to protect her from bad people. She has done enough favors for me. She loves me more than anyone 

"Annette you can get drunk, I will stay sober tonight." I smiled at her. 

"I already had one shot, you two can have fun." She replied and Adrian went to the dance floor.

"Please just drink as much as you want. I want to be the responsible one tonight." I said and she giggled. 

Annette is beautiful and nice so why doesn't my father approve of our relationship. I know he hates her because of her grandfather but it's not her fault that her grandfather is a bad person. To be honest, her grandfather is not even bad, he is just overprotective and he loves to boss people around. 

"I got alligator chills from head to toe." Annette mumbled and I took the drink from her. She always mumbles shit when she's is drunk.

"You had enough. Let's go home." I quickly let her got on the back. "Annette don't vomit on me." I walked with her. "Adrian, we leaving." I shouted. 

"It's not even two yet." Adrian said.

"Annette and I are both sleepy." I replied.

"Okay then, leave. I will go home on my own." He said so I left him at the club. 

Annette started jumping around the second we entered my house. This is one of the reasons I like her drunk. She doesn't care about anything. She is not serious and she looks happy. I should just get her drunk every time she is stressed. At least she wouldn't pretend to be happy like she does when she is sober.

"Annette, let's go sleep." I picked her up. 

"I love you." She wrapped her arms around me and I took her upstairs. 

I put her on the bed and she sat down. I quickly took my gun from her and she hugged her knees to her chest and started crying. 

"I didn't want to drink." She cried.

"I am sorry Anne, but you look better when you are drunk." I wiped her tears. 

"Do you like Kathleen?" Even when Anne is drunk she will still talk about Kathleen. I need to send that girl away. I already did some research on Kathleen and everything she told us is the truth. She didn't lie to us about who she is and why she is working for me but Annette won't still believe anything. She is adamant that Kathleen is conspiring against my family. She keeps saying Kathleen is after revenge when none of us even know Kathleen. 

"No." I hugged her. "How drunk are you Annette?" 

"I am not drunk." She mumbled. 

"I believe you." I kissed her. "Now sleep." I got up and tucked her in bed. "Goodnight." 

"I love you." She closed her eyes and I switched the light off for her. 

I love you too Anne.

I have fallen in love with you when I was away in Italy. I always joked about falling in love. I never thought loving someone would bring you joy. If I knew falling in love with you would make me this happy then I would've forced myself to fall in love with you a long time ago. You always made me happy no matter what and you also lied for me a million times just to see me happy. You sacrificed your happiness for me and now it's my turn. You never once hurt me so I promise to always make you happy. I will protect you no matter what and I will love you for eternity.

I love you Annette Michelle Kingston Hendricks. I love everything about you.

*Don't forget to vote comment and share please*