Chapter 52.

Annette's POV.

Elijah kept talking the whole day while I kept eating. I tried calling my mother but he wouldn't let me. He is so happy that he is forgetting my mother will come to look for me.

"Annette, what are you thinking about?" He waved in front of my face. "Are you also excited about naming the babies?" 

"Elijah I am only carrying one baby but you acting like I am carrying the entire Carson family." I said and he giggled.

"Annette you act stupid sometimes." He rolled his eyes. "Did you do an ultrasound?" He asked and I nod my head. "You know you only carrying one baby?" I nod my head. "How could you do this to me? I thought couple found out things like that together!" 

"Elijah, we not a couple." I smiled. "I do love you and I do want my kids to grow up with an amazing father like you but you and I were kinda fighting when I found out I was pregnant. I didn't want to risk my baby's life, that is why I never bothered reaching out to you. I am sorry Elijah." 

"No need to feel bad." He pulled my cheek. "Anne, I was just guilt trapping you into talking to me more. I know you don't like being here. I can see it in your face that you praying for me to leave you alone but I can't. I am a Carson and you know how selfish Carsons can be sometimes. I can't live without you again, that is why I will always make sure you don't leave my side." A tear dropped from his eye. "I love you, Annette. I have always loved you."

"What about Kathleen?" I asked.

"I fired her a long time ago because she is the reason we had a fight and you left me." 

"So who is your new PA?" 

"I don't have one but the secretary helps me manage everything so I don't need one." Elijah replied. "So you not going to reply to my 'I love you?'"

"I was avoiding that part." I giggled and he tried to kiss me but the door was busted open.

"Elijah!" My Mom shouted. "You kidnapped my daughter?" She is so angry.

"Aunt, if I really kidnapped Annette you wouldn't have found her here." He could've just said no but he decided to make my mother angrier. This boy is something else.

"Elijah don't try me." Mom snapped. "Tell me why you forced her to come here? What do you want from my daughter?"

"Mom, he didn't force me to come here." I mumbled. "Elijah found me at home and then he asked me to come here so I came here willingly so please calm down."

"Aunt, we family so stop acting as if I am a stranger who got your daughter pregnant." I wish Elijah could shut his mouth.  "Now please sit down so we can talk about Annette and my baby."

"So you found out she is pregnant and now you think you a father?" My mom asked and he nod his head. "Elijah you don't even know anything about being a father. You only care about being a playboy and making sure you make headlines."

"Aunt, I am not a player. I mean, I got one girl pregnant, only one, and that girl is my girlfriend who is your daughter so please don't call me a playboy in front of my baby." He winked at my mother.

"I would've killed you if you were not Elijah Carson." Mom replied.

"Can we all just forget about the past now." I smiled and mom nod her head. "Elijah?"

"I only have good memories, Annette." Elijah said.

"Let me go tell my father about what happened today before someone else tells him." Mom gave me a kiss. "Don't forget the Carsons put a bounty on your head." She whispered in my ear making sure Elijah didn't hear anything. "Annette stay safe honey and make sure you call me if something happens." She smiled, leaving the house.