Chapter 60.

Third person's POV.

All their life they had one another. But one thing about life is peace and happiness never last. When you least expect it then it strikes.

"A twenty-three-year-old. The patient lost lots of blood. We have to start operating." The doctor said while taking the patient to the emergency room.

"Get ready everyone."

"The patient isn't responding." The nurse said.

"The patient went into cardiac arrest."

"Come on we can't lose this patient." Another Doctor said taking the defibrillator.

"Do you think the defibrillator is going on to help, it has side effects, mom." The nurse said worriedly.

"At least most patients live for years after it. Come on charge it."

"Charging...five hundred." The other doctor said.

"Clear!" But there was still no response.

"The heart rate is getting slower." The nurse said in a terrified voice.

"Charge it again." Her mother commanded.

"And clear!"

"Still no response. Do it again." There was still no response. They were losing the patient. All they heard was the sound of the machine of the flat line.

In a blink of an eye, they lost the patient. There was nothing else they could do.

"The patient is gone." The doctor said putting down the defibrillator.

"Time of death ?" Another doctor asked the nurse

"02:38 am" the nurse replied sadly. "This isn't what we get paid for mom."

"I know but it's too late." The doctor replied to her daughter. " How old are they ?" The doctor asked one of the nurses.

"I think they are a couple, they are both twenty-three." The nurse replied taking the file.

"Too young. Thank god at least the babies have one parent left. " The doctor said relieved that one of them is alive.

"But it's not right." Another nurse said.

"Come on. It's too late. Let's go give the family the news." The doctor said as they left the room.

"Doctor." Sofia said running to the doctor.

They all gathered around to hear the news.

"I'm so sorry but there was nothing we could do." the doctor said giving them her condolences.

"Not my baby, please not my baby." Sofia broke down into tears.

She fell to the floor screaming and crying.

"I'm really sorry we did everything we could." the doctor said apologizing to them.

"Didn't---." Anna didn't even finish talking when she broke into tears as Marko held her.

The doctor told them everything that happened.

"Oh my god nooo. Not my baby god please bring my baby, nooo." Sofia said as she continued to cry.

"This can't be true." Anna and Marko both started crying.

Hours later Sofia finally decided to be the one to tell Elijah everything that happened after Anna signed the papers.

"We will have to be strong for Elijah's sake. If you keep crying Anna, Elijah will be broken too. I know you are Annette's biological mother but we all love her too. Sofia went to tell Elijah everything so when he comes here if you could just hide the fact you are hurting a lot it can help Elijah accept Annette is gone. So please, for Elijah can you stop crying. Annette would have never wanted to see you all broken." Benjamin told her.