A Glimpse Into The Past

Start from the beginning

"Alright, open!"

Once given the signal, I open my eyes and stare at a house on the hill. It stands about two to three stories tall and has two dragons meet in the middle on the top the arch above the door. At the top of the roof, there's a dragon head sticking out. The entire house is built entirely out of wood but has so much detail along the edges of it all, you wouldn't be able to tell. (Pic Above, AKA Hiccup's House!!)

As I stare at the house in front of me, Hiccup comes over and stands next to me. "You like it?" He asks. I nod my head, not able to get any words out of my mouth at this very moment. "Good... because it's mine."

I look at him in shock. "Yours? This house is yours?!"

He nods with a big smile on his face. "All mine!"

I look to him with a huge smile and hug him with excitement. "I can't believe this is yours!! Wait... why did you get a house here?" I ask.

He smiles and holds me close to him. "I got a house here because of you. I wanted to show you that I am serious about us... and this allows me to be with you all the time. I'm going to move here permanently!"

"Really??" I smile excitedly and watch as he nods his head. I hug him tightly before looking back at his new home.

"Wanna take a look inside?" He asks, watching my gaze. I look over to him and nod my head excitedly.

He chuckles at my movement and we both head inside together.

~~Back to the Present~~

  I sit in my room as I think back at the memories of the house that used to belong to a person I once loved. The memory still fresh in my mind just like every other memory from that traitor. He moved here only to ruin my life and the life of my sister. Everything about him turned out to be a lie and I don't wish to think of him anymore.

I push the memories aside and try and focus on getting ready for dinner with my sister and our new "suitors"; if you could even call them that. Elsa invited them over so we can get to know them more. At least that is what she told me. Though I have taken the chance to notice that my sister is very much interested in the sheep boy, Jack. I don't know if it had to do with his white hair or lack of shoes but I don't know what she sees in him. Maybe she's able to put his interesting features aside and focus more on his interesting personality instead. I'm not quite sure though.

I take a glance at myself in the floor length mirror to see myself standing in a floor length midnight dress with a silver belt around my waist. The dress has the off the shoulder sleeves that drape down past my elbows. It's elegant and yet simple at the same time. Even the shoes match my belt as well as the silver barrette in my hair.

"Even though the dinner is small, it doesn't hurt to dress up." I hear my sisters voice in my head from when I had asked her why we wore such fancy dresses to a family dinner. Even being at the age of 10 at the time I asked the question, I still never fully understand her answer. Some days a simple dress that doesn't go all the way to the floor would be perfect to me instead of the tightest ball gown in my closet.

As I was going through the different thoughts in my head, I hear a knocking at my door. I look over to it and think about who it could be. "Coming!" I call as I walk toward the door and open it to reveal Hiccup standing there in a dark blue suit. I look to him a bit startled, not expecting it to be him at the door. "Hi."

"Hi.... um... I was asked by your sister to escort you down to dinner." He states shyly, rubbing the back of his neck.

I tilt my head just a bit as I watch him. "Really? My sister asked you to escort me?"