36. the most wonderful time of the year

A/N
I hope no one's keeping track of the dates in this story cuz I sure as hell am not lmao

Also, in this story corona doesn't exist and Ill make up some names for relatives

Stevens pov:

The three of us sit down at a bench at the airport. The sun has already set.

I can finally breath again without feeling like my chest is gonna collapse.

Eventhough the chance of them being here, at this airport with security, is unlikely. I still couldn't help but be scared.

'Cause what if they tipped the police and they were going to arrest us? Or if they followed us and snuck drugs in our bags when we weren't looking. What if...

I try to breath as I feel my chest closing in on me.

I look up and lock eyes with a security guard, he gives me a warm smile, calming me down.

"Oh sweetie, are you feeling okay? You're so pale." Marie says.

"Oh I'm fine, maybe a bit hungry but that's all." I lie. Not completely, I am hungry tho.

"I'll go get you boys something." Marie says and gets up.

She returns with three sandwiches, one for each of us.

"How do you feel about seeing the fam again?" I ask Duff, hoping he won't interrogate me about my feelings.

"Fam? How much have you been hanging out with Robbie lately?" He answers laughing. I laugh too.

"Nah I'm pretty excited to see them." He says.

I smile as I rest my knee against his.

I see Duff look away and repressing a smile.

"Aw no, my seat isn't with you guys." Marie says.

"Oh thats fine mom. We promise to close the window." Duff says cheecky.

"Are you sure? I can ask to change the seats." Marie suggests.

"We'll be fine Marie." I say and smile.

A short time passes before we can board the plane.

Duff and I find our seats. He has the windowseat and I have the middle seat.

A woman leads a man to the remaining empty seat. He looks wrecked.

"He has some fear while flying, so he is probably gonna be sleeping the entire time." The woman says as she helps the man, who closed his eyes, in his seat.

"He took some sleeping pills." She whispers as if it's illegal.
"If you need anything, my seat is over there." She says.

We just nod.

Duff and I share a blanket together.
Most people are getting ready to sleep.

"So, what was the name of that club again? The while high club?" Duff asks.

"Mile, the mile high club." I say and fight a snicker.

"Why are you asking?" I say, getting a bit turned on by the thought.

"Just wondering, are you a member?" He says jokingly.

"Actully, I am." I say, the plane starts taking off.

"Oh really?" Duff says intrigued.

I chuckle.
"Yeah."

Duff trails his finger over the back of my hand under the blanket.