Amelia raised an eyebrow at the golden boy's presence. She walked toward the kitchen and quickly served herself the eggs and sausages that her mother made and sat silently sat on the other end of their wooden table. As far away from Harry and her brothers.

" They were starving him, Mum!" Said, George.

Amelia stuffed her face with food as she watched her mother cut up bread for Harry as well as butter it up for him. Amelia rolled her eyes as she knew Molly Weasley liked Harry better than her daughter. Which of course wouldn't surprise Amelia at this point.

At that moment Ginny appeared in her long nightgown. The youngest Weasley girl gave out a small sequel and run out of the kitchen. Amelia bites down on her lip as she tried not to laugh at her sister's reaction.

Ginny had been talking about Harry all summer once she heard that he was attending Hogwarts. Amelia, of course, rolled her eyes at the mention of the boy.

Once Amelia finished her breakfast she placed her plate and quickly left the room once she heard her mother demanding her brothers to de-gnome the garden.

Once she reached her room the girl walked over to the small desk that sat in the corner of her 'room'. Different letters were scattered around her desk from her friends. She sat down on the chair and looked at the half-written letter that was addressed to Justin.

Justin wrote to her earlier in the week asking her a bunch of questions about her welling being and how her summer was going, which Justin already knew the answers to but still asked anyway. He had also kept repeating over and over again in all his letters that if she ever needed a break from her life, she was free to visit him at any time.

The thought of leaving had tempted Amelia as if it was the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden. But the more she thought about it, the less she deemed the idea possible. She had no way of getting to Justin's and her mind ran wild with the possibility of never being allowed to return to the Burrow ever again.

Dear Justin,

Once again, I appreciate the offer but I don't think I'll be able to leave this place.
This week I've spent reading many spell books and I'm prepared to help you and Ernie with our assignments. Plus, Marceline had owled me a couple of muggle books. I have found ' Frankenstein' to be quite enjoyable.

The Weasley turned in her seat and picked up the book that she dropped earlier. She placed it down beside the letter and began to write.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll be receiving our Hogwarts letters soon. Want to meet up in Diagon Alley sometime to retrieve our books? Let me know soon.

Love,

Amelia W.

Amelia folded the letter and turned toward her window. She whistled to signal the family owl to fly up to her. Once she saw the old owl, she tied the letter around its leg.

" To Justin, Erroll. " Amelia mumbled as she watched the owl fly away. With a loud sigh, she slumped down on her bed and continued to sulk some more.

___

For the next couple of days, Amelia had to witness her family begin to accept Harry into the family more than they did her. Arthur even had him sit near him during dinner as he asked him questions about muggle technology.

A letter from Justin arrived a day after Erroll left. The Hufflepuff had agreed To visit Diagon Ally the Wednesday after they receive their letters. But much to her dismay, that wouldn't be for another while. Until then, she pondered around her room for a while more and occasionally witnessed Harry Potter's surprising reactions toward all the magical objects in the Burrow.

After a long week, The Weasleys and Harry received their Hogwarts letters. Amelia walked down the stairs, redundantly, to get breakfast. She noticed all her brothers, Ginny, Harry, and her parents sitting at the table already eating. She grabbed a random plate and filled it with sausage and eggs. She neared the end of the table and silently began eating. She noticed her letter was disregarded on the table as it lay next to the Daily Prophet.

With a sigh, she picked up her letter which had the Hogwarts wax seal and opened it. It provided the same information but this time with a new list of books:

second-year students will require:

The standard book of spells grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk
Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart
Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart
Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Amelia read over the list of books she was going to need for the new term and to her dismay, they were expensive. She frowned at the sight of Lockhart, a famous wizard that Amelia loathed, now she was forced to buy half his books.
Amelia looked up at her mother and noticed her weary glance as she looked through the list.

" That lot won't come cheap," George said as he looked at his mother.

Molly quickly composed herself and continued to eat her breakfast. " We'll manage," she said as she stared down at her plate.
" I expect to collect Ginny's things secondhand. "

A knot formed in the pit of Amelia's stomach as she wondered how she was going to get her books. She started to wonder if her parents were going to buy her books.

They aren't that selfish....are they? Amelia wondered. She honestly didn't know what her parents were capable of anymore. Without a second thought, Amelia cleared her small section of the table and quickly went back upstairs to her room and pretended like she didn't exist.

___

Early Wednesday morning, Amelia woke up to Justin's owl tapping on her window with a note tied around its ankle.

Dear Amy,
I'll be around Diagon ally at noon. See you soon.
-Justin Finch-Fletchley

A faint smile appeared on the girl's lips as her heart flipped at the idea of finally being able to see her friends again.

It was late in the morning when Amelia woke up, her eyebrows scrunching up in confusion as she listened to the house, which was completely silent.

Her stomach dropped as she rushed downstairs, her mind wondering if her parents left her behind.

Of course, they did, Amelia thought as she was met with an empty living room. With a deep sigh, the young Weasley kept her tears at bay. She didn't dare cry over her parents leaving her, she told herself to get used to it.

Amelia quickly freshened up before she grabbed a pinch of floo-powder and stepped inside the chimney. Saying Diagon alley loudly and clearly.