SIXTEEN: "Even Rainbow Dash knows fake magic when she sees it"

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: "Even Rainbow Dash knows fake magic when she sees it"

~~~~~
NEW ORLEANS
July 27th, 21:57 CDT

THE LITTLE GIRL PRACTICALLY DANCED ALONG THE PATH WITH HER HAND TIGHTLY HOLDING ONTO A MY LITTLE PONY FIGURE. Faith Nelson jumped and spun around in time with the trumpets playing on the side of the street a bright smile upon her face. She talked to herself, narrating Rainbow Dash's life and acting with more expression as the toy fought unseen enemies, 'saving' citizens who would merely laugh as Faith stated that she saved them from a dark entity.

"Faith!" her adoptive father, Kent, called out, a chuckle passing his lips at the girl's enthusiasm. "Slow down, I'm not as fast as I once was."

Faith immediately skidded, still bouncing on the balls of her feet as she spun to face him, her fingers tentatively grazing through Rainbow Dash's multicolored hair in an attempt to straightened it out. "Oh... Sorry Kent, I got carried away," she apologised softly, her childish voice being louder then it needed.

            The passerbys weren't bothered however, finding the child's eagerness and bundles of energy adorable, simply smiling after greeting Kent as they passed.

           "It's okay, come on," he insisted, pressing a hand to Faith's shoulder as he lifted his cane to motion to the small stalls and what looked like open houses. "You pick the next trickster."

           After having dinner, Kent and Faith had gone out on what could be titled a typical walk to expose fake fortune tellers, witches, magic users and people who can supposedly contact the dead. Faith adored these nights and loved being able to prove non-believers wrong, knowing that in her heart magic was real. It was apart of her and she grew up learning ancient sorcery when she was old enough to walk.

          First, Nova Star gladly took her under her wing, adoring every moment she spent during the year Faith was her student. Afterwards, when Nova went missing, Kent made Faith keep up with her magic, teaching her himself and even asking a good friend of his, Giovanni Zatara, to assist him. Faith grew up adoring all things magical, and even if she didn't know her real mother and father, she knew deep down that one of them must have dabbled in the mystic arts also.

          Tapping her chin, she held her Rainbow Dash up and twisted the toy's head to look around too, acting as if it had an opinion. "Rainbow Dash wants to prove that one wrong," she answered, pointing to the one on their left.

          The door read "MADAM XANADU" on it in a gold bring with a design of an eye positioned in the middle. Three cards stretched out over the door to advertise what was being offered: Tarots Read, Loved Ones Contacted, Fates Foretold.