TWENTY SEVEN: "What about me?"

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: "What about me?"

~~~~
MOUNT JUSTICE
October 1, 18:08 EDT

            NOVA READJUSTED TO BEING A MENTOR QUICKER THEN SHE READJUSTED INTO SOCIETY. It was like muscle memory, she could immediately recall what a three year old Faith would enjoy learning about and how the information would retain in her head. It didn't even take her long to work out where Faith's skills were after Kent's training over the years and continue from there to give Faith new skills whilst revisting old ones. But other then Faith, she had also adjusted to being a teacher to the other young heroes inhabiting the cave, showing techniques she learnt centuries ago.

It was... nice... Mount Justice radiated an aura of comfort that offered Nova temporary relief from her mental battles. So when she was offered the job of looking after the Team for a week, she couldn't have said yes faster. And so far, they all enjoyed her company and she enjoyed theirs.

Captain Marvel was also there, but Nova didn't exactly know why considering it was her shift...

             Today, the new skill for Faith was a form of environmental magic and small introduction into illusions with the revisited skill being basic target practice. It was essentially the basics of ancient magic, but instead of using constructs, you use the environment around you, manipulating the elements to do your bidding. Those who excel in this specific area of ancient magic can also master using it with illusions as to not damage the surrounding area. That's where Nova was, and she had summoned and small illusion that created an arena that acted as a playground for her young protege.

             As Aqualad and Robin spared over the left side of the practice platform, trying out new techniques Nova had shown, the immortal enlisted Katherine's help for Faith's training. The kryptonian swerved through incoming slabs of debris, pieces of the stone cover the internal walls of the mountain swinging through the air. However, despite using her surroundings, Nova's magic made sure the Mount Justice wasn't actually damaged.

"But, you're not saying anything," Faith spoke up, watching as the floor slowly rebuilt itself. "I thought that, with certain types... You have to say a spell?"

"That's correct in some cases," Nova answered, a hand on her hip with the other lifted to gesture her words. "But ancient magic relies heavily on concentration."

Faith's expression morphed into one of realisation, and a smile replaced the confused frown. "Think of the design, and chanel as much energy as you can into your fingertips," the child recalled, giggling to herself as Nova's lips parted.