FORTY: "It's okay to make mistakes, don't beat yourself up"

CHAPTER FORTY: "It's okay to make mistakes, don't beat yourself up"

            "OH MY GOD!" FAITH SCREAMED. "Are you serious!" She could barely sit still, her feet tapping against the carpet in a rhythmic pattern. Her hands were clenched into tight fist, raised into the air as she cheered happily. "I get to join the Team!?"

             "Just for this mission." Nova laughed, an uncharacteristic genuine smile lifted onto her painted lips. "It'll be a good test for you. You've done extremely well with your studies, I figured it was about time."

              Ever since her and Doctor Fate had returned, it was clear Nova had found a new outlook on life that her mission had made her forget. She took a leave of absence from the Justice League and put her focus in training Faith and helping Nabu whenever he requested it. She dressed herself appropriately, had three meals each day and drank more then enough water. She also was getting the recommended amount of sleep every night which was shocking for her. She was actually looking after herself and her infamous glow returned to her once sullen body. Additionally, she was spending more time in Coast City which Faith believed to be the main cause of her sudden happiness.

Nova still helped out with smaller missions like covert operations and was the designated den mother for a few weeks at a time. The Team liked having her around and it meant Faith could spend more time at the Cave with her friends.

               "You better get going, Faith," Nova insisted, gently pushing Faith out the door. "The Team's waiting on you."

                Faith cheered in delight, running through the mountain breathlessly in search of the Bio-Ship. She practically skipped to the spacecraft, scrambling up the ramp and into the front with her wide grin never faltering.

                 "You won't regret letting me come!" Faith exclaimed, glancing over her friends who couldn't help but smile and laugh at her giddiness.

~~~~
QURAC
November 22, 23:56 UTC +2

                 "WE'RE RIGHT ABOVE THE QURACU-BIALYAN BORDER," ROBIN ANNOUNCED TO THE GROUP.

                "A border the Bialyans are in the process of ignoring..." Wally added with immense distaste.

                  Faith was sat at the front besides Katherine, her feet tapping rapidly against the floor. She looked around eagerly, gazing out the window to look at the wildlife scrambling around below. Her suit resembled a darker version of Nova and Doctor Fate's except she didn't have a helmet or a cape and her suit was covered in darker colours to conceal her beneath the blanket of the darkness casted by the night sky.