THIRTY TWO: "I shouldn't care... But I do, I care a whole lot"

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: "I shouldn't care...
But I do, I care a whole lot"

~~~~MOUNT JUSTICEOctober 10, 16:58 EDT

~~~~
MOUNT JUSTICE
October 10, 16:58 EDT

OTHER THEN HER FATHER AND AUNT, CONNOR WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO GENUINELY UNDERSTOOD KATHERINE'S STRUGGLE. He understood her difficulty of control, finding he struggled to do the same when it came to the connection between his anger and his strength. It was something that made the pair feel like they weren't alone and gave them the comfort no one else could give.

             The pair of supers fought one on one in a training session, taking the middle of the room as Black Canary watched with a proud smile. Obviously, she had been informed of Katherine's struggle to control her abilities, but watching her be so free and comfortable around the rest of the Team warmed her heart. Dinah was grateful the young Kryptonian had a place of safety and comfort whilst she navigated through her newly found abilities.

Connor easily dodged each punch and kick Katherine threw, earning points for each successful move. But as the seconds passed, Katherine's speed started kicking in and the attacks became more rapid, making it difficult for Connor to keep up.

              The Superboy fell to the floor with a large grunt as the palm of Katherine's hand hit his chest, all her newly developed strength going into the move. Connor fell back, sliding to the edge of the roof and hitting the cave wall. He groaned painfully, rubbing his chest whilst looking to Katherine and giving her a thumbs up.

               The Kryptonian chuckled nervously. "Oops..."

               "And that's why you're paired with Connor," Canary chuckled softly, helping the young hero to his feet. "Well done, excellent form nonetheless."

               Katherine previous anxious stance loosened up and she straightened her posture, grinning.

               "In fact, good work everyone." Black Canary opened to the floor, proud of each one of the young heroes, finding herself extremely impressed by their improvements over the weeks. "It's been a very productive week."

                Artemis snickered, casually glancing over to where Wally lounged beside Wolf, his arm wrapped protectively in a cast. "Yeah, for everyone except Kid Malingerer," she taunted.

                Glaring at the archer, Wally finished his drink before defending himself. "Hey, arm broken in combat against the Injustice League here." He lifted his injured arm, waving it around and gesturing to it.