Heavens Arena

(Y/N) POV - 3960 words

The airship the boys and I are taking is soaring high through the clouds, but not so high we can't see the ground beneath us, passing beneath us with a blissful laziness. Killua and Gon are sitting in seats across from each other, looking out the window. Korako and I are in a different seating area, him watching the sky—though I think his mind is elsewhere—and me watching my 'betrothed.' 

I still don't know what he thinks about the proposition his parents gave us. The way his mother phrased it—as I know was intentional—made it sound like I was an idiot if I were to refuse, but I need to consider Killua's feelings. With a sigh, I hear Gon's voice tinted with wonder, "Whoa. Look, it's huge!"

With a childlike giggle, I appraise the statement's double meaning, even though it wasn't meant as such. He's talking about the enormous tower which is Heavens Arena. It reaches even past where our airship flies now. 

I glance to Korako who's still staring out the window, donning his new favorite form. His tail is gently moving side to side and every so often his ears twitch, picking up faint sounds even my assassin's ears fail to hear. Despite his perception, he's deep in thought. He must be thinking about Kurapika, nothing else draws his mind so far from its mortal coil.

"So this is where we'll be training," Gon says, still wide eyed with wonder. We land not long after, waiting for everyone to disembark before us. 

"I used up all my money on the trip fare. We'll have to make more here. After we disembark, we'll start from zero," Killua explains. We all nod our heads in assent.

There's a long line stretching from the doors, and we manage to squeeze into a spot. The line grows ever longer behind us at an incredible rate. Minutes later, we seem to be in the middle of the line, even though none of the people in front of us have moved forward an inch.

"There's a really long line... Everyone's going to Heavens Arena?" Gon asks, sounding concerned. 

"There aren't any conditions here, like there were in the Hunter Exam. You just have to defeat your opponent," Killua responds.

Gon turns to Korako, who looks the oldest of us and is glancing around at the other people in line with suspicion darkening his eyes. 

"Hey, Korako," Gon begins lightly. He and Killua have seemingly taken really well to his new appearance, for which I'm grateful.

"Hmm?"

"Are you going to be fighting, too?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess so. It'd be nice to get some funds to add to the Glassi inheritance. Besides, if I'm going to be traveling with you in human form, I better get used to fighting in it."

"The Glassi inheritance? This is the first time I'm hearing of it," I chime in, having remained silent for most of our trip, true to my nature—Killua is, of course, always the exception... or if there's something I wanted to share, expositionally.

"I'm sure your family left something for you, since you're now the only surviving family member."

I think, drumming my fingertips across my folded arms, "Uhh, I don't know very much. Everything was supposed to go to Crow, and the transition period was... short. I was never able to learn any ways of the manor, family secrets, the like. It all died with my brother, my parents, and the rest of the estate."

I sigh dejectedly, "Even the wealth we once had is lost. I mean, I haven't checked, but the combination for our vault—held by the most durable security known in the world—only responds to blood relatives. Thing is, I haven't been back in years, and even if I had been, my parents never told me the combination."