Even the Devil Would Scorn the Filth of Your Hands

(Y/N) POV - 2312 words

Leorio and Leroute are standing a polite distance apart in the middle of the arena floor. Our teammate calls out, "Well? Let's hear it. What's the next wager gonna be, huh? Or did you lose your nerve when I saw through your little scam?"

I sigh, quite pretentious of our dear friend Suit. A gambler, especially a professional one, wouldn't have just one flimsy plan; they'd have as many as they could come up with in case of failure. They're not likely to admit defeat so easily.

Korako's returned to my side, clearly anticipating something. His ears twitch as Leroute's handcuffs clink to the floor. 

"Very well," her light voice says. She finally pulls off her hood revealing large, bushy pink pigtails tied back with yellow ribbons. Her eyes are a pure magenta and she has high, arched brows. Everything about her is tinged pink, actually. 

Leorio's thoughts are automatically displayed on his face and in his voice, clear even though he's facing away from us. They're not innocent. He begins giggling like a little school girl, although in a much more perverted way. 

Killua voices my opinions as Korako pins his ears against his head in distaste, "What a pervert. I hear his heartbeat from here."

I wrinkle my nose in disgust and lean against Killua's leg once more. I can hear his heartbeat, too. It's speeding up to immeasurable speeds as his thoughts undoubtedly get more... how to put this... dirty. Kurapika says, "I don't like where this is heading."

Me neither. This would probably be a bit more acceptable if everyone besides Leroute was male, but lo and behold, I'm here. Every nerve in my body strives to get away from Leorio as he continues laughing like a certified pervert. It takes most of my willpower not to climb the walls and hide in the ceiling, far from his indecent thoughts. 

Leroute, unfortunately, knows exactly what makes Leorio tick and says, "What do you say we place bets on whether I'm a man or a woman?"

This takes Leorio by complete surprise and I nearly burst out laughing. It's priceless. Killua can clearly feel me shaking with the force of my contained laughter, and he nudges my side with his leg. Right, serious task in front of us. I can't help but smile a little to myself. He just sounds so stunned.

"What's the matter?" Leroute asks, "That isn't a problem, is it?"

Things only escalate as Leorio asks, "What if I bet you're a man. How exactly are you gonna prove you're not?"

Oh no. I immediately stop smiling, all traces of humor gone. Killua can feel my shift and immediately pays closer attention than he already was. I can feel it in the way he tenses slightly, giving me more support. 

"Oh, right. I promise to let you examine every square inch of my body. Now, will that satisfy you?" Leroute says. The Suit is playing right into her hands. We're going to lose at this rate. 

His heartbeat ratchets against his chest even faster as his gaze undeniably drifts farther and farther down. I swear if this isn't over with soon, I'm going to stop this whole charade myself and beat his ass into the deepest chasm I can find and damn him to dealing with horrifying monsters for the rest of his life. 

"He's already chosen. He'll bet she's a man," Kurapika voices the conclusion we've all come to. I grind my teeth together. I'll never forgive him for this grievance. 

Gon's confused as to why Leorio would do such a thing, when it's clear to everyone else Leroute's a woman. Poor thing, so innocent in so many ways. I pray he never has to find out about perverts this way.