Chapter 41

Scott burst into the main gathering room in the sub basement, now brandishing his family's sword and dirk. The Inquisitor, Jeremiah, and Dawn all followed him, their weapons at the ready. They were met in the gathering room by Madame Cantu and her priestesses, arrayed in a semi circle with Cantu at the center, all of them chanting.

"It seems there was a way to break my spell," Cantu said, "Unfortunately, the only answer for you now, Scott Campbell, is death."

The priestesses of Madame Cantu all began to take on a serpentine appearance, as their skins of various hues turned a very similar shade of green, their tongues forked. They opened their now scaly hands, in which glowing fireballs began to appear. Even the legendary Jeremiah was feeling fear, as he looked upon this most unholy scene.

"And now," Rose commanded, "My priestesses, slay them. All of them!"

Elizabeth then came into the chamber. "Wow," she said to the priestesses, "You guys got real ugly. Let's see, there are six of you?"

Elizabeth had discarded the Ultimax. On her thighs were dual tactical holsters, each one containing a SIG Sauer P227 loaded with warheads, courtesy of Ministry. She had not used them yet. That changed when she drew both pistols, dual-wielding them and firing multiple warheads into the priestesses. The six serpentine females all fell dead and the fireballs vanished. Only Rose remained, and now she was frozen with fear. Elizabeth looked back at the three with a sneer.

"Gee, really guys? It's not that hard," She said as she walked over to one of the wounded priestesses.

"Are they dead?" Scott asked.

"Huh, let's see," Elizabeth fired one of the .45's directly into the priestess' head. "This one is, anyway."

Rose slumped to the floor, weeping. "My sisters! My sisters are all gone! I will kill all of you! I will rend your souls to pieces! I will make of you all such a hideous example that legends of my horror shall call out for—"

Rose shut up when she felt the Inquisitor's blade at her throat. Scott likewise put his sword to her throat as well.

"This sword," The Inquisitor said, "Was given me by the great Locheil, Chief of the Clan Cameron! It was blooded at Falkirk, Preston Pans, and Culloden. It has slain a witch before. Her name is the Waking Nightmare. Have you head of her?"

Rose nodded. "I... I have."

"And this sword," Scott said, "Is an ancestral claymore of Clan Campbell! It was passed down to me, through generations of Campbells, by my father! And its name is... Sword!"

"Right," The Inquisitor said, "Let's not over do it."

"I yield," Rose said through tears, "Please, spare me!"

"Well, Scott?" The Inquisitor asked.

"Yeah, sure, why not, but only on the condition that you turn off all these zombies!"

"They're not bloody tellys, Scott!"

"I can deanimate them," Rose said, "Which is the same thing."

"Okay then!" Scott commanded, "Do that!"

*

The trailer was still burning, most of the zombies contained within either blown to pieces, or otherwise made incapable of being much of a threat. That still left the zombies on the front lawn, who were beginning to decline in number, as Zed cut a swath of canine destruction through their ranks. Suddenly, the zombies all ceased their aggression, and a few seconds later, all of them collapsed to the ground, as dead as they should have remained.