Chapter 26

I keep trying to hear Cole's voice, but just as suddenly as it came, it disappeared.

It must've just been a figment of my imagination.

Who am i kidding? This is all probably my imagination, when i wake it's just gonna go away.

The past 24 hours of my life? Gone in the blink of an eye.

I can't wait for this to be over with.

~~~~~~~

Cole's POV:

It's been 5 hours since the surgery, and Ally still hasn't woken up.

Her doctor refuses to tell me who anonymous is and it's starting to make me crazy.

I mean, what kind of person just donates a lung, leaves a note for the recipient, then just leaves without saying anything, marking themselves as anonymous?

The person who saved Ally's life, that's who.

I don't really know what happened but I do know that I left for a little over an hour to get some sleep, and when I came back I was told that there was an anonymous donor for Ally.

Apparently, the person knew Ally from New York, but other than that I don't know anything.

At least i know that she's gonna be okay.

" Cole, i'm afraid that i have some bad news." The doctor says, coming into the room," Please follow me."

I nod my head, not being able to think of anything to say.

When we get to Ally's room, her doctor opens the door and she looks even worse then before.

" I'm afraid that Ms. Johnson doesn't have that much longer, i'll leave you two alone."

I just nod.

I hear the door shut and i start walking towards Ally.

" H-hey A-al." I stutter, trying to fight back tears, " E-even t-though i haven't k-known you for that l-long, you've b-become my b-best friend. W-whenever i was h-having a b-bad day you would always find a way to make m-me feel b-better, whether it was by making me laugh or just sitting with me. You came into my life at both the best and the worst time possible, the best because now i can't even imagine what i would've done without you, and the worst because you saw the mad and angry side of me for the first couple of weeks. I'll n-never forget you A-ally, it's h-hard to f-forget the p-person that changed y-your life, f-forever. Before i met y-you i d-didn't think that i had a p-purpose in l-life, but you c-changed that, y-you showed me that i d-did have a p-purpose, to be here with you. But now that you're leaving, i don't t-think that i have a p-purpose again, i g-guess that it's just h-how i'm supposed to be. But thank you for giving me the b-best couple of months in my l-life Ally, i'm never going to stop loving you and everything a-about you."

" I'm s-sorry C-cole." Ally says.

" Why?" I ask.

" Because i have to leave." 

" B-but you seem fine now."

" T-trust me. I'm n-not." She says, her voice slowing down.

All of the sudden, the machine next to Ally starts beeping like crazy, and the line on the screen is barely moving.

" A-ally." I sob.

" I l-love you t-to C-cole, p-please remember t-that." Ally tells me.

" I will." I whisper.

And then the line goes flat.

She's gone.

Ally.

~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey guys, sorry about that ending, but i just haven't really been feeling inspired to write in this book at all.

 I just wanted to be done with it. 

I know that all the writing really sucks, but every time i was  mad, i would take it out on Ally and Cole. Whenever something bad happened in my life, and there were a lot of bad things that happened this year, not just Corona and the rest of the hell-hole that is 2020. Between Alice, Socks, my barn sending Shorty to sales, a bunch of horses colicing, my mother trying to control my life, my grandpa being kidnapped, and a shitload of other stuff, i haven't really been able to focus on writing.

Also, i have a bunch of other books and ideas that i want to work on a lot more then Ally.

You guys are the best

                      - DevilishEquestrian