Chapter 22

The next few days were pretty uneventful, i had another lesson but other then that i've been hanging out with Ace and Cole.

School starts next month and if i said that i was excited, that'd be the biggest lie i've said in a while.

I hate school, simple as that.

I didn't really used to mind school, i didn't like it but i didn't hate it either.

But now school is the last thing i want to do.

In New York i had friends and i would usually go to the barn after school to ride.

Now i don't have any friends, except Jason and Cole, but they don't really count.

Right now i'm sitting on my bed listening to some music, i was just in the barn grooming Ace but Catherine said to come back in because we're having lunch soon.

When she says ' we' she usually means me, Cole, Jason, and herself.

I think it's kind of weird that even though i've spent pretty much every day these past few weeks with Cole, we don't know that much about each other.

He knows that i was blinded in a accident and that my parents died in a car crash, but he doesn't know what kind of accident it was.

To be honest, i don't really know anything about Cole.

I know that dad left him and his mom when he was pretty young, but that's pretty much it.

I guess that neither of us are the type of people who just open up about everything.

" Ally! Lunch is ready!" Catherine calls from the other room.

" Coming!" I reply, jumping off my bed and grabbing Barnaby's lead rope.

I make my way to the kitchen and, surprisingly, i don't bump into anything.

And right after i think that, i feel my face collide with something.

I thought to soon.

" Again?" Cole grumbles.

" It's not my fault that you don't watch where your going!" I argue.

" It's not like you do either!" Cole says.

" That's 'cause i can't!" I reply.

" Of course you ca- oh, sorry. I forgot." Cole tells me.

" S'okay, i'm glad that you forgot." I inform him.

" Why?" He asks.

" Because that means i don't act like an old blind lady!" I say.

Cole chuckles in response.

" What? " I ask.

" Out of all things, why and old blind lady?" Cole questions when he finally starts laughing.

" I dunno." I say with a shrug, " It was the first thing that i thought of."

" Makes sense." Cole replies.

" Can you two hurry up already? Mom said that i can't eat until everyone's sitting down and i'm hungry." Jason whines.

" Jason, don't interrupt the love birds while there having a moment." Catherine hisses.

" How is that even a moment? Their talking about acting like an old blind lady." Jason responds.

" Eh, There both blushing, therefore i count it as a moment." Catherine tells him.

" I'm not blushing!" Me and Cole say at the same time.

But sure enough, i feel my face heating up.