Chapter 4

I wake up and sense that something has changed, but i'm not sure what.

I'm not that sad or mad about my parents death anymore and being blind doesn't even seem like that big of an issue anymore.

I mean there are people dying on the same floor as me, why should i care about not being able to see?

But it bugs me nonetheless, even though i'm mostly over it, there's that part of me that says," no one wants a useless blind girl and no one ever will."

Ugh, i really need to grow up.

~~~~~~~

About a month later, Dr. Klein says that there is a family who wants to adopt me.

A single mom, Catherine, and her son Jason, who is 14.

Apparently they are moving to California but would be happy to add another family member because," our family is incomplete without a third person." and, " Jason needs to have a sibling, he is enjoying being an only child a little to much and says that i'm "old and boring.""

"Catherine's words, not mine" Dr. Klein tells me, I really think that you will like them though."

"It would be my pleasure accept a mom and what sounds like her bratty son trying to replace my parents, of course, we will be one big happy family as soon as we see each other. Oh wait, i can't see." i say, the sarcasm not well hidden.

" Ally," Dr. Klein says, chuckling," try not to sound to exited."

Great, now the doctor is being sarcastic too.

"They are coming tomorrow, this could be a good opportunity for you. At least try."

" ok fine", i respond," now if you will excuse me, i am off to go get some breakfast"

I stand up, and immediately trip over something and catch myself just before i fall.

Dr. Klein just laughs.

"Thanks so much for all the help" i say, " i think that i'm gonna have breakfast in bed today though." 

I somehow find my way back into the bed and Dr.Klein is still laughing.

"You wouldn't think this was so funny if you were in my position." i grumble.

" ok, ok, i'll stop laughing, now what do you want for breakfast?"