Chapter 25

Look closely at the horses head in the video.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

" It seems like since Ms. Johnson's immune system was weekend, it prevented-" Doctor Whatever-his-name-is starts.

" Phillip already told me about how Ally's  immune system is weak and you probably already know that he told me, so you can stop trying to avoid whatever it is that your avoiding." I say, cutting him off.

" Okay, okay. Phillip really wasn't kidding when he said that you were rude." He mutters, " The smoke was two much for Ally's lungs to handle, and one of them collapsed which made the other one to work harder then it could, which is why the smoke such a big toll on her."

I look over at Ally and notice her that her skin is starting to turn blue.

" Why is her skin blue?" I question, vaguely remembering something from a health class that i wasn't exactly paying attention to.

I do remember that the when your skin starts to turn blueish-gray, it never ends well.

" Lack of air. Even with high-tech machines, her other lung is still on the verge of collapsing. I'm afraid that things aren't going to well for Ms .Johnson." He tells me.

" What do you mean by-no, i refuse to believe that." I say, realizing what he means, " There has to be something that you can do, Ally's already been through enough and she can't go now. "

" I'm sorry, we're doing everything that we can't. It's almost impossible to find someone willing to donate a lung on such short notice. And even if we could, i doubt that they would share the same blood type as her while still being in the same age range." Ally's doctor tells me.

" How much longer can she last like this?" I ask.

" Not much, only a couple more hours." 

" Is there anything else you can do?" I question.

" I'm afraid not, we're doing everything we can. I've already sent a note to all of the hospitals within a 250-mile radius that we need a 13-15 year old lung donor ASAP, but so far we haven't found one. Even though A Positive is one of the more common blood types, its still difficult to find a donor within her age range."

" Has Catherine been here yet?" I ask, realizing that i haven't seen her at all today.

" No, not yet, but she's currently on her way."

" Oh." I say.

After that, we kind of just stand in there in awkward silence for a couple of minutes. I glance over at Ally and notice that she seems to be getting worse, why did this have to happen to her out of all people? Jason, fucking Jason, that's why. This is all his fault. If it wasn't for him then Ally wouldn't be lying half-dead on a hospital bed right now. If only i had gotten there 5 minutes earlier, then maybe things would have turned out differently.  If i had gone to Ally first instead of trying to help Jason then i doubt she'd be here right now. So i guess it's just as much my fault as it is Jason's. No, it's my fault because i wasn't there when she needed me.

" Cole, i'm going to have to ask you to leave." The Doctor tells me.

" Why?" I question.

" Visiting hours are over." He tells me.

" But i'm staying at the hospital as well, so i'm not a visitor." I argue.

" You still have to exit Ms. Johnson's room. I believe that dinner is waiting in yours and you need eat." He informs me.

" Fine." I reply.

" That's it? I'm surprised that you didn't- you know what? Nevermind, i probably shouldn't have said that." Ally's Doctor tells me.

" You probably shouldn't have." I say in agreement, " But since you said something i remembered that i need to speak to your boss." 

" And why is that?" He presses.

" None of your business." I snap back.

" If you don't tell me then i can't help you." He argues.

" It's personal and i don't need your help. I just need to speak to your boss." I inform him.

" Okay, okay, i'll take you to her office."

" Good." I said, knowing what i had to do.

~~~~~~~~~

Ally's POV:

"No! Get away from me!" I scream as i scramble backwards, they've all gotten up from their seats and are making their way to where i'm standing, cornering me.

"  We've been waiting for you to come and join us and now theirs nothing you can do. It's to late." My dad says.

"  Look at her, trying to hide from her fate. She hasn't grown up at all." 

" She's just a wannabe, she'll never actually grow up."

" Weak."

" Disgrace."

" Pathetic."

" Brat."

" Irresponsible."

" Failure."

" Disappointment."

" I'm ashamed that i knew her."

" I can't believe we ever considered her family."

" No wonder her boyfriend dumped her, she's pathetic."

" Will she ever grow up?"

" I doubt that."

"  What should we do with her?"

" Ally." A new voice calls out.

"  Who said that?" 

" Ally!" The voice says again, a little bit louder.

" No one else is here, it must just be her imagination."

" ALLY!" The voice shouts, " WAKE UP! "

Where is that voice coming from? It can't be my imagination. 

" ALLY!" The voice keeps calling.

Wait, that sounds like.....

" You need to wake up." He says, but quieter, almost like a whisper.

Cole.

Why can i hear him?

He couldn't have possibly....

No, he isn't dead.

Right?