27. A Blast from the Past

"Finally! I've been waiting for ages." She heard Damien as he leaned on the bonnet of his car with his arms crossed and had a smirk on his face.

How did this guy run on the sand with so much ease?

Damien had literally reached the car in ten long strides while Danny panted and tried to catch up behind him.

"Shut up," Danny muttered defeated and reached for the passenger door.

Once they were in the car with Damien in the driver's seat, Danny huffed and looked out of the window.

"Now, now. Just accept your defeat." He taunted her.

"You cheated!" She accused and looked back at him.

He side glanced at her, "Really? How so?"

"You're much taller than I am." She whined and pouted.

"You should have thought of that before you decided to race me." He smirked at her and she scoffed but stayed mute.

"Anyways, I wasn't going to let you drive."

She snapped her head back at him and glared, "Why not? I drive just fine."

He snorted, "Yeah, sure. I've seen your driving okay? First of all, you hit me with your car," He reminded her and she closed her eyes in frustration.

He's never going to let that go, is he?

"Second of all, you yell at other people and flip them off for your bad driving," he pointed out and she raised an eyebrow at him. "I've noticed. When I followed you back then. God, you're such a terrible driver." He finished.

She scoffed in disbelief, "You are unbelievable."

The rest of the drive was silent and Danny took this opportunity to take a nap. She was woken up with a slap on her forehead as they reached their hotel and quietly walked back to their own rooms. Before they entered their rooms, they stared at each other for a second before Danny decided to ruin the moment by flipping him off and went inside.

Damien shook his head at her antics but nevertheless smiled. He fell on the bed with a thud and fished out his phone from his pocket to call Paul.

"What in hell?" He muttered when he saw the phone screen. He was greeted with a wallpaper that wasn't his as he stared back at Chris Evans.

Soon, he realised it was Danny's and went to knock on their connecting door.

Typical Danica and her Chris Evans obsession. He shook his head.

When he didn't receive an answer, he slowly opened the door and peeked inside to check if she was asleep. His body stiffened when he saw her as she struggled to unzip her dress fully, her bare back facing him.

He cleared his throat uncomfortably and was about to turn around when something caught his eye and he stilled in his place.

Damien couldn't help but stare at her backside. He couldn't blink or tear away from his eyes, his mind became blank. He was too stunned to even utter a word as he gaped at her back which was covered with red, bluish-black scars. He could see the ones fading away as well.

"Damien! What the hell?" Danny yelled when she noticed his presence and turned away from him immediately.

Damien's blood boiled in anger and he clenched his fists. His frown deepened as he continued to look at her.

"What are you doing? Turn around." She instructed him but he didn't. Instead, he walked closer towards her and took her hand to turn her around. She tried to pull her hand away but it only tightened his grip on her arm.