10. On the Move to Prove

"Man! I'm beat." Paul mumbled as he sat down in the chair and sighed.

Damien was going through some forensic reports from the crime scene. Much to his dismay, he couldn't find anything. Not one lead. The only way he could get new information on the case was through one person.

Danica Evans.

And she is linked to this. So there's no way she's gonna give something away.
Dammit!

"Rough night, huh?" Damien smirked at him.

"You bet!" Paul smirked back,
"Your girlfriend kept me up all night." He added with a cheeky grin as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Yeah, you wish." Damien scoffed jokingly, "As if she'll fall for you."

"I am not trying to make her fall, bruh. Or else she would've left your grumpy ass a long time ago." Paul laughed and stuck his tongue out in a childlike manner and Damien rolled his eyes.

Paul just chuckled at him and took out his phone and started to play some game.

"Hey, like I asked you before, are you keeping an eye on Ms Evans?" Damien asked him after a while as he looked up from his reports.

"Mm-hm" Paul hummed ignorantly.

"And?" He implored further to get an answer.

Damien waited for his response patiently but Paul wasn't giving attention to him. He was so immersed in his game, he forgot his surroundings.

Damien walked over to him and a hard smack on his head brought Paul back to reality as he cried out in pain, "Hey! What was that for?" Paul whined as he rubbed his head to ease the pain,
"This is physical abuse. I can report you to my boss you know!" He muttered.

"I am your boss, you idiot," Damien replied sarcastically.

"Huh. As if! I also have a boss above you, who is also your boss." Paul remarked in a snide tone.

"But first you have to go through me," Damien said in a challenging voice as he folded his sleeves up and rose his eyebrows and Paul gulped nervously.

"It's okay. I'm a man and I'll let it slide this time." Paul surrendered which made Damien smile in satisfaction.

"I asked you to follow her. What are you doing?" He rose his eyebrows at him again.

"Geez. I put up some officers on the task, okay?" Paul rolled his eyes at Damien's impatience.

Damien shook his head at him in disappointment and asked, "So, anything suspicious?"

"She has been going to different places far from town in search of something. And when I tell you they are shady, trust me, they are very shady...like abandoned houses, secluded alleys, warehouses and what-not." Paul shuddered at the memory,
"But that's it. She's just been visiting them, not doing anything."

Damien then abruptly remembered Danny telling him about how William asked her to deliver packages to places far from the city.

There has to be a reason why she's going.

So, she is planning something big, maybe.

Damien was now pleased that they could catch her red-handed if she tried something.

"Where is she staying?" Damien knew she had nowhere to go. He was curious.

"A motel nearby I think, I don't know," Paul answered him and went back to his game.

Damien just nodded and went back to his papers.

"So what do we do next? Do you think anyone is behind all this?" Paul asked him after a while as he pushed his phone inside his pocket.