14. Got Choked because I Joked

Damien groaned and rubbed his eyes groggily and got up from his bed. He frowned when he smelled something different, the smell of acetone or paint greeted his nostrils. He scrunched his brows and checked his bed for something but got nothing.

He shrugged and made his way to the bathroom and reached the mirror. He ran his hands through his hair tiredly and his eyes instantly widened when he noticed the red paint that covered his nails.

It was nail polish.

What the actual fuck?

"Samanthaa!" He yelled into the air and stormed out of his room and downstairs. He spotted his siblings and Danny around the dining table as they talked in hushed voices while they ate their breakfast.

"Sam!" He called out yet again as he approached the table.

Everybody whipped their heads to face an angry Damien. He searched all of their faces closely for any signs of guilt or anything at all. But everybody looked almost innocent.

No. You don't mess with me.

Not falling for that.

"What is it, Damien?" Sam asked him as innocently as she could as if nothing had happened.

He showed them his hands, "Who did this?" The impatience was evident in his voice.

All of them looked shocked for a second before they burst out laughing loudly, "Dami! You applied nail paint, like a girl!" Timmy exclaimed in between his laughs.

"Shut up!" He snapped angrily and all of them closed their mouths instantly. They all looked at him carefully as they tried to suppress their laughter. Samantha gave Danny a knowing look before they looked back at him.

"Who. Did. This?" Damien repeated his words, pressing on each word and eyed everyone carefully.

Samantha shrugged her shoulders as she replied, "I don't know, Damien. It wasn't me. I was in my room all day." She defended and added, "Also, I don't have that colour nail paint. Red is so not my colour."

He looked at Suzy and Timmy who also just shook their heads vigorously in fear. Danny just watched their interaction with amusement.

Damien took a deep breath and calmed himself before turning to Samantha. "So none of you did it?"

"Nope."

"You're telling the truth?" He inquired with a tone of finality.

"Yep." All of them answered together and nodded.

He sighed and went closer to Sam, "Fine. Then I'll ask you a few questions and you have to answer them truthfully. And fast. No thinking at all."

"Why me?" Sam whined.

"Just to prove your innocence." He suggested and challenged her.

Sam squared her shoulders and stood up in front of him, ready for the challenge, "I'm ready, shoot!"

Damien glanced at everybody before he started his questions, "Who is the President of the United States?"

"Donald Trump." She replied immediately in a duh tone.

"Where's the Eiffel Tower?"

"Paris"

"Whose age is sixteen in our fam?"

"Suzy's"

"How many wonders of the world?"

"Seven"

"What's Danica's full name?"

"Danica Evans"

"Whose age is eight?"