19. Cease the Tease

"You have to see the look on the cop's face man! Damn!" Gary's friend, Marcus said as he clapped his hand and laughed with the others.

Gary took a swig of his beer and listened as his friends described their recent adventures in their usual hangout place. Marcus had been narrating how they had escaped the police the other day.

They always travelled in two cars, one to hold the drugs and the other to divert the police. If the police started to follow them, the other car accelerated and weaved through the road to distract the police so that the car that had the drugs could escape. When they got pulled over, the police would have to let them go because they didn't have any drugs in their car.

Gary was distracted from his thoughts when one of his men yelled his name and started to approach him.

"Gary, the cops started searching this area. In no time, they will find our hideout place. What do we gotta do?" He asked with fear written all over his face.

Gary's face stiffened and he clenched his jaw in anger. It seemed like he wasn't careful when he escaped. He was already burdened with Danny's matter and he didn't want cops on his tail. If not for the officer that day, he could've easily finished the girl. He didn't understand how the cop got to know the location. But he soon realised that the girl was being followed. He won't be able to touch her when she's under their protection.

"Don't panic. They won't find us. We'll just lay low for now without raising any suspicions." He declared to his men and dismissed them.

The man nodded and turned to leave before he said, "The boss said he's coming here right now. He wants to meet you, Gary."

Gary groaned internally at that. He would not be spared now that he has failed in completing his job. On top of that, their smuggling plan had gone to waste because of the cops. Marcus and the rest of them scrammed away as they didn't want to cross paths with their boss. Gary took the last swig from his bottle when he saw his boss enter.

"How's your leg?" His boss consulted and took a seat opposite to Gary as he reached for a beer.

"Could be better," Gary responded carefully as he touched his leg subconsciously.

"So..." The boss drawled as he drank his beer and said, "Couldn't even kill a girl."

"I would have if the cop hadn't come in the last minute," Gary answered in a rough tone and clenched his fist.

"That shows your carelessness. Now you have cops on your tail and the girl won't be easy to kill." His boss seethed.

Gary just cleared his throat but didn't say anything.

"And that stupid cop! He keeps spoiling my plans, Gary. I should be making money right now! Damn him. If it wasn't for you, we would've been caught by now."

Gary nodded. He was given the job to look out for cops and alert them. They were doing a covert job and didn't expect the cops would somehow get the information about them. When he saw the cops coming for them, he immediately informed their boss. They were lucky enough to get out of there before the cops got there. Or else it would've been a disaster.

"I heard the police are searching for this place. Don't be a useless fuck and vacate immediately. And what about that girl? I don't think she knows anything. But anyways, to be safe, find out where the girl is and get the job done. Cuz we have more important things to focus on now." His boss cautioned him seriously as he scowled at him. He didn't wanna take any risks now.

Gary smirked at him and said, "Don't worry. I know where she lives. I had her followed. She's living with the cop. We just need to get her to be alone."