Chapter 15

The detective wasted no time, he was there exactly after their conversation.

When he reached the lobby, he asked the receptionist what floor Mrs. Summers stayed in. The receptionist said it was on the fourteenth floor.

He went to the elevator. Finally, he reached the fourteenth floor. He was surprised to see that the whole floor was apparently Mrs. Summers' office.

"Excuse me sir, are you detective Spencer?" the receptionist called out.

"Yes."

"Please come in, Mrs. Summers is talking to a friend right now, you can wait inside."

As detective Spencer looked inside, he now realized that Lauren was not mainly a philantrophist, she was also a wedding organizer.

The receptionist called him again.

"Sir, Mrs. Summers would like to see you now."

He followed her and was lead to a room that was the inner office of Lauren Summers.

"Hello detective, sit down." Lauren said.

"Sorry for disturbing you. You're a wedding organizer now, I see."

"Yes. Now, what's this about Cherry? Is she dead?"

Clearly, she was not interested in pleasantries.

"Yes, how did you know?"

"My husband is a police. He was there when they found her body."

"Oh..." the detective thought, why did she said yes to meeting up with him if she knew already about Cherry.

"You probably thought I was oblivious to her death." She said, answering the unasked question.

"Who's your husband again?"

"Kyle Summers."

"Oh Kyle!" the detective finally realized why his name rang a bell.

"The body they found was burned, detective, right?"