Chapter 4

When the two women entered the car, it was beginning to rain outside.

“Thanks Cherry, for the food.” Lauren said, “Lauren thinks before you were bad, big fat meanie. But you’re nice to me today.”

“Of course. You’re welcome.” Cherry said, smiling.

The car was driving smoothly through the wet and gloomy road until it happened. There she was again! The mad woman burning hot with fury. Her hands were sweating. She was like this for almost half an hour when the car stopped. She opened the door and went out. She took out a garbage bag from the trunk. The bag contained a bloodstained shirt and a bloody hammer. She tied the bag and threw it to the bridge. She watched as the garbage bag splashed o the water then she wiped her face and hands which stopped sweating. At last, she closed her eyes. She relaxed. Thank God, it was over. It was over.

It wasn’t.

Someone has seen her. As she closed her eyes and fell asleep because of fatigue from last night’s activity, someone has seen her, someone knew.

Mean while, back at the doctor’s home, John and Andrea finished giving the officers some snack.

“Hey Andrea, where’s Lauren? “ John asked.

“She’s with your wife, Sir.” Andrea replied.

“That’s awfully strange. She never gets along with Cherry. Are you sure she’s with her?”

“Yes, Sir. I saw your wife escorted her in the car.”

Speak of the devil, the devil was here. She just arrived with a yawning Lauren behind her.

“I brought her Slurpee and chocolate.” Cherry said.

“Oh, did she have tantrums?” John asked.

“Yeah, but it’s okay.”

“Good, It seems that the two of you are quite getting along.”

“Yeah, I’m doing my best, especially now that your father’s gone. I mean, I know what it’s like.”

“Yes Cherry, I love you. We love you."

Cherry smiled.