Chapter 18

He woke up at the sound of Andrea's humming. He heard footsteps approaching so he pretended to be sleeping.

A phone rang.

"Hello? Where the hell are you? Do you know that you have a visitor? It's detective Spencer. Well, I'm busy entertaining him for you."

Detective Spencer thought hard who Andrea was talking to. Could it be Cherry? They knew each other? Thinking hard, the detective didn't notice that Andrea saw him awake.

"I see you're awake detective, Oh what did you say? Sorry, I can't hear you through that duct tape on your mouth."

Detective Spencer was mumbling something.

Andrea continued, "You're probably wondering who I was talking to and why I am doing this. Well, let me tell you. I was Madonna's older sister. Who is Madonna? She's Lauren's ex-husband's mistress."

Realization finally sunk in. her motive was revenge?

"I'm sorry we have to kill you before we kill Lauren and John. Apparently, we don't need to kill John though since he's ruining his life for us." Andrea said, laughing.

We? Who is "We"?

Andrea stopped laughing and as if reading detective Spencer's mind, she answered," Cherry and I were roommates. The upside down cross is actually mine. This apartment is actually mine. But when I met Cherry, I let her stay here. And this is where we planned everything. She told me her father died because of Dr. Grey. So we devised a plan to make John fall for her. And it worked. While I was Dr. Grey's trusted maid, I kept messing Lauren's medicine and planned to kill her. But our plans got ruined because she snapped out of insanity. Or maybe, she was never really insane from the beginning. But now, I'll resume with my plan. This time, more painful. I'll take away Kyle away from her and when she's devastated, the baby inside her will die too. Just like her other son."