Chapter 10

John arrived along with detective Spencer.

"Oh God." John said, approaching slowly towards the house.

"Lauren, Andrea, Cherry!" He yelled. "Lauren, where are you?"

Just as John ran to go in, the detective chased after him and held him in the arms.

"John, calm down!"

"No! They're inside!"

Then there was a shriek of a woman. It was Andrea. She arrived too late. The maid stood there in the driveway, she stared at the enormous house that was burning. She could not blink and her hands were on her forehead as the detective approached her.

"Ms. Andrea, do you know what happened? Are you okay?"

"Oh sir, I am fine but the house? I  can't say the same. I don't know what happened. I left to mail Ms. Cherry's letter and when I came back, I see this." Andrea replied, never taking her eyes away from the house.

"Oh Andrea, where's Lauren? Is she with you? And Cherry? Oh God!" John said, interrupting.

"No sir, I am sorry."

Not too long, the nearest volunteers from the fire department came. The fire was surpressed but there was nothing much to save anyway, the house was destroyed.

Detective called for an ambulance as well. Just in case they find someone who might be injured from the fire, in which they hope it was Lauren, and that she might be alive.

And so it has arrived.

One of the firemen approached John.

"We found an unconcious woman at your backyard, Sir. She must've fainted when she tried to escape the burning house."

"Oh God, where is she?"

"She's being taken care of in the ambulance."

"Thank you, Sir!"