Chapter 8

Detective Spencer was skimming through the files as John was tapping his fingers nervously on the table. For a moment, the detective stopped and stared at John as if he was not there.

"What?" John asked, sweating.

"Your wife was once investigated." The detective replied.

"Why?"

"A classmate of hers named Clint Branch found your wife killing a rabbit."

"What? Maybe she's cooking stew." John replied, laughing.

Detective Spencer looked at him quizically and then continued.

"Mr. Branch claimed he followed her and watched where she was taking the dead animal. She took it to her apartment and then she returned outside and left the building. Apparently she went back to school. Mr. Branch, a curious fellow who also happens to be Ms. Moore's stalker, knows where Ms. Moore's apartment is and where she hid the key - under the welcome mat. He then entered it. It was quite messy. Unwashed dishes and shoes were scattered throughout the living room. Being a stalker, Mr. Branch had the habit of taking the things of the person they follow, so he immediately opened Ms. Moore's room and with his surprise, found something more disturbing than his own habit. It was the room. It was more frightening than being followed by an unknown person in the middle of the night when there was no one around to help you. For what was inside the room was photographs of Dr. John Grey Sr. With darts on the face, candles, hundreds of candles which are still lighted eventhough it was afternoon. There were tons of writings on the wall, undoubtedly lipstick and red paint. And if you take a closer look there were drawings and doodles of the devil. There was also a giant upside down cross hanging above the bed. And the bed! It was surrounded in chains and pointy objects that glistened so frightening Mr. Branch was so scared he wanted to leave. Then he stepped on a shoe box on his way out. He picked it and opened it. What scared him more was what was inside. It contained a paper that has something written in latin, he couldn't read it so he looked in the box filled with so much cotton. And what he saw almost wet his pants. It was the dead rabbit. After this, he went straight to the police station and told them this. He referred Ms. Moore as 'Psychotic' after that he never followed her again. This is a narration from Branch himself." Detective Spencer said, flipping through the reports.

"Oh. My. God."

"Oh my God indeed. What an interesting story."

"Oh God, my wife, Cherry, she's insane."

"And a satanist."

"Is everything sure? Is it really true? About what that stalker says? I mean can we even trust his statement? What if he was the one insane!"

"Sorry but there was a police investigation. And everything Mr. Branch claimed was true. Of course he was also investigated. Even questioned. And they found out he was perfectly sane. In fact, he is a very intelligent man, it says so here. He's probably just a geeky guy who's had a bad taste in women."

"But this does not lead to making her the prime suspect for my father's death."

"Well, I think we have but, it's not really much of an evidence."

"What?"

"Mr. Grey, your father happened to be her father's doctor, right?"

"Yes."

"And your father was not able to save her dad from death. That's it."

"What? How?"

"Revenge."

"No way. I can't believe it. No! No! No! Cherry is the sweetest and most kind girl I've ever met! She is calm and always smiling and, Oh God."

"Mr. Branch thought so as well. You know, looks can be deceiving, Mr. Grey."

"Oh my. "

"And your sister thinks so too."

" Oh my. " He repeated.

" However, these theories don't prove anything. We must find the murder weapon that she threw away."

"Lauren said it was in a garbage bag..."

"Thrown into the water."

"Can't the police try to find it?"

"They've been there a while ago. I think they started searching."

"Oh good."

"I am terribly sorry Mr. Grey. Just after your father's death, you have to deal with this."

"Yes, detective."

"Do you love her?"

"So much."