50 (end 2)

Keep reading 💜

Yoongi saw some cops walk in.
"Um, sir. Are you Jungkook's family?" they asked but none of them could talk at this point. Taehyung talked to them instead and found out and an 18 year boy who had a seizure while driving accidentally broke a red light when Jungkook was crossing the road after buying ingredients and hit him.

Jungkook had regained consciousness for now but it was only going to be a matter of time when his body gave out. He was already on a kind of life support that helped his lungs function.

Taehyung was busy calling up some of the biggest surgeons to help with Jungkook. He wasn't going to spare any effort to save his best friend. But after getting a negative answer from all of them, he called Jongin to come over.

He woke up and looked around faintly. The doctor told the boys and Yoongi and Namjoon went in immediately.
"Kook.." Yoongi smiled at him.
"Hyung.." Jungkook smiles at him. He looked pale.
"Hi.." Namjoon said sitting next to him.
"What happened.." Jungkook asked.
"You had an accident.. Um.. You have an internal bleed.." Yoongi couldn't complete and began crying.

Jungkook looked at Namjoon who just sobbed.
"I'm dying?" he asked softly and his brothers couldn't say a word.
"Hyung.. I want to hear it." He asked faintly again.
"We're gonna do everything, okay? We're not leaving you."

Jungkook looked visibly shaken as he began tearing up. He knew he wasn't going to make it.
"Hold me, hyung." He said to his brothers as his tears fell. Yoongi and Namjoon sat on either side of the bed and, Yoongi slowly caressed his face. They saw Hoseok and Jin walk in too and they sat near his feet.

"You guys.. Don't ever sell the cafe. Okay?" he said and the boys nodded.
"Also.. Don't sell the apartment. Even if you guys ever move out. I've got good memories.." Jungkook said softly as a tear escaped his eye.
"You guys take care of each other.. And Jimin.." He said, and smiled.
"Namjoonie hyung... When you marry Jin hyung. Remember that I'm cheering the loudest.. Okay?" he said and Namjoon wiped his tears and kissed his cheek.
"We love you, kook." Jin kissed his cheek. Jungkook smiled at him then looked at Yoongi.

"Hyung.. You adopt Momo." He said smiling at him.
"You're a good dad. I can vouch for it." He said faintly to him as Yoongi's tears fell endlessly while caressing his cheek.
"Okay.. I will." Yoongi nodded and Jungkook sighed.

"Where's Taehyung? I wanna talk to Taehyung.. " He said getting a little breathless.
"Okay.. Okay.." Hoseok immediately got up to call him.

"I'm here." Taehyung walked in, defeated. All the doctors who saw his reports said there wasn't going to be progress.
"Hi.." Taehyung sat on the chair and held his hand.
"Hi.." Jungkook smiled.
"You're my best friend.." Jungkook said and teared up.
"Same.." Taehyung said kissing his hand.

"The fucker who caused this will be sued.." Taehyung said angrily.
"Was he drunk?" Jungkook asked.
"No. He had a seizure behind the wheel so.." Taehyung explained.
"Then let him be.. He didn't mean to." Jungkook smiled and Yoongi wanted to retaliate but Jin held his hand.

"You're gonna take care of Jimin, okay?" He said faintly and Taehyung shook his head in dismay.
"Don't go, kook.." he cried.
"I wish.. But.. If it's happening. Then it is. You stay by his side.. And don't try to love him like me...love him like you." Jungkook cried softly and Taehyung sobbed hard holding his hand. As did all of them.
"Promise me, Taehyung. You're gonna take care of him. You won't let him give up. You won't let him go... Promise me." Jungkook said tightening his grip on his hand.

"I.. I promise." Taehyung said strongly as his tears fell. Jungkook nodded and closed his eyes in relief.
"Is he here?" Jungkook asked.
"Yes. Wait.." Taehyung left to call him.

He held Jimin's hand and pulled him in. Jimin was just numb. The second his eyes lay on Jungkook, he began crying but his expression still numb. Jungkook extended his arm slightly and Jimin lay hugging him.

"Hi, baby.." Jungkook said stroking Jimin's back lightly.
"Hi.." Jimin whispered. This didn't feel real. It couldn't be!
"Did you finish your song?" Jungkook asked and Jimin looked up at him with tears in his eyes.
"That's not important anymore.." Jimin shook his head and then lay his head on his shoulder.

"Hey... Sing it for me.." Jungkook asked breathlessly.
"I won't be able to listen to it.. Please.." He requested and Jimin shivered. He let out a deep sigh then sang.

"I want you to be your light,baby.. You should be your light.." he sang and Jungkook smiled down at him.
"Jimin.. Promise me you'll be your light.." Jungkook said and Jimin shook his head. He didn't want to make a promise he couldn't keep.

"I thought we had more time.." Jimin shivered as he spoke.
"We were meant to be." Jimin sobbed.
"Another lifetime.. I promise." Jungkook said as a tear escaped his eye.
"I can't love anyone like I love you." Jimin said.
"Don't.. Love them like them. There won't be another us.. But there can be another you and him.." Jungkook said and Jimin cried very hard.

"Why aren't you angry? You should be.. Like we all are." Jimin sobbed looking up at him as Yoongi and Namjoon caressed Jungkook's hair.
"That is not the last thing I want to feel..." Jungkook shook his head and smiled at him, his tears falling too and Jimin grabbed his shirt tighter.

They all stayed like that with him for some time.
"I'm going to sleep now.." Jungkook said faintly.
"No.. Just 5 minutes more.." Jimin sobbed.
"We'll always want a little longer.." Jungkook said caressing his cheek. He then turned to his hyungs.
"Thank you..." he breathed out. Yoongi kissed his forehead and Namjoon caressed his chest. Hoseok and Jin held his hand. He smiled one time at Taehyung too.

"I love you.." he looked down at Jimin.
"I love you.. Forever.." Jimin said and kissed him softly.
"Keep your promise, okay?" Jungkook said very faintly.
"I promise.." Jimin pressed his forehead to his.

Jungkook closed his eyes as his life flashed in front of him one last time, his moments with Yoongi, Namjoon's dimples, Jin's childish behaviour, Hoseok's laugh, Lisa and Rose, Mingyu and Yugyeom dancing with him, Taehyung and him playing video games and finally his first kiss with Jimin, his first time, and their last kiss. And he breathed out.

Jimin lay holding him for what seemed like an eternity.
"Jimin.." He heard Taehyung. Jimin's hand was on Jungkook's chest and he knew his heart had stopped beating. He couldn't look up, all he could hear was Yoongi wailing in pain as Namjoon held him and cried inconsolably.
"Jimin.. They'll need to move him. Come.." Taehyung said softly but Jimin didn't move.

He picked Jimin bridal style, as Jimin was moved away from Jungkook he looked up one time. It really did just look like his love was asleep. Jimin screamed out in pain as he was lifted away from Jungkook. He shook his head and cried hard as Taehyung sat with him on a seat outside.

This wasn't supposed to happen. Once again he was left stranded. Everything beautiful that life gave him was taken away in a flash. He saw Mingyu, Yugyeom, Rose and Lisa run in as they reached. He heard their cries, loud and clear. He really was gone.

The man who gave everyone a reason to smile was gone. The one who cared for the world, who believed in him. Who loved him.. Was gone. He really was. And this was unacceptable to Jimin, for him, he couldn't live without Jungkook.