bonus chapter 0.2 "toddlers in their twenties"

Start from the beginning

*^*^*^*^*^

"You better have a good explanation prepared." Candi crosses her arms, ignoring the bag of chips Mase offers her in a futile attempt at negotiating.

"Actually we have three, choose your pick." The grin my fiancé gives me makes my insides knot but I don't let that show and instead settle on a glare "The truth would be much appreciated."

"The truth is that two idiots had 'get killed' on their agenda today so Danny and I wanted to do them a favour by fulfilling it." Mase throws a potato chip at the still grinning blonds, Noah takes the opportunity to provoke him even further "Idiot? That's all you go?" Ash rolls her eyes from where she sits beside him.

"We'd call you two imbeciles but that would be cruel because then you won't be able to spell it." Danny adds, swirling his glass of Hennessy "Daniel." Jas warns but he dismisses the warning, saying "Don't Daniel me when they started it."

Tris gives Danny a saccharine smile "Firstly, i m b e c i l e." He spells the word to prove his point, then "secondly, fuck you."

Jas decides to butt in after that "Before one of you starts again, can someone please answer our very simple question truthfully-the actual truth this time"

Aaron kisses Jas' knuckles-much to Daniel and Tristans dismay-but she considers him warily so he sighs, giving up "Your fiancé dosen't know when to back off." he looks at me.

Confusion makes my brows furrow, Caleb dosen't give me the chance to voice my confusion "yes exactly, I'm her fiancé." he raises my hand, displaying the six carat oval ring on my finger for emphasis "So I pay."

Aaron narrows his eyes at him "But you already paid for the ring, it's my turn to spoil her." Caleb simply shakes his head, arms wraping around my torso "Sorry but nope."

"Apology not accepted." he replies.

Their behaviour starts to get on my nerves, agitated I pull away from Calebs embrace, hand going on my hips as I glare at both of them "Stop being cryptic, what are you fighting to pay for?"

Silence encases the room for a few moments before Aaron breaks it "Your dresses of course."

My eye twitches in attempts to hold in my agitation and anger from unleashing "Her eye just twitched." Noah whispers to Ash who fires back "Yes I saw Noah."

"Oh she's mad mad now." Daniel smirks at both my twin and fiancé who display worried looks.

"All this." I gesture to the ruined living room "was because you two got into an argument about who would pay for my wedding dresses?" I grind out in a lethally calm voice.

"Ding, ding, ding!" Mase exclaims, stuffing a chip in mouth at the look I give him.

*^*^*^*^*^

"This is so unfair, I never do anything yet I always end up getting roped into the punishments with you fucking dumbasses." Mase grumbles as he carriers one of the cushions back into the living room.

"I love him but if I hear the word unfair one more time..." Candice whispers in agitation, shade rimmed eyes trailing her boyfriend into the house.

"Give your nagging a rest already, besides you're way too far in to get out now." Noah yells back at him, a smirk tugging his lips as soon as he catches the innuendo, eyes going to Ashley.

She dosen't open her eyes as she tells him "Mind out of the gutter Hendrix and while you're at it, keep your eyes on the food instead of my body.

That makes his smile disappear, gaze going from my friend to the grill on which patties sizzle, he mutters something inaudible, now going back to flipping the patties.