26 | What

T W E N T Y   S I X

~Go wild, for a while.~

a d e l i n

"Relax dude, it's mentioned on the can that it's not toxic." Mase informs, causing everyone to release sighs of relief, shoulders slumping.

"It's natural paint, you really think I'd dump ant type of harmful substance on my girlfriend?" Caleb asks, part amused part offended as he watches Noah wipe fake sweat from his forehead.

An action completely opposing the weather because with the sun now completely set, the temperature had dropped considerably and to prove that I shiver against the night winds that meet my dried paint clad skin.

"I think we've had our fun. Let's go inside and clean up, we have a long night ahead of us." Tris tries to rub warmth into his arms, grinning because each of my friends perk up at the statement.

What is going on?

Ash glares at Tris, pinching his arm and earning a yelp, he rubs the spot vigorously, rivalling Ash's glare with his own "That hurt." he grinds his teeth.

"Good, that was the purpose." she blinks cheerily.

Noah lets out a nervous chuckle, reading the question on my face, he meets my stare "What Tristan meant was that, well..." my curiosity only grows when he trails off.

"That today is supposed to be the longest winter night, marking the four days left till Halloween." Candice pipes in, smiling at me as she twists a lock of pink speckled hair.

"Yeah, astronomy...and shit." Danny follows after, clearing his throat he looks at Caleb then back at me, shifting from one foot to the other.

My mouth forms an "O" in comprehension.

"Isn't that cool? I just recently read it on twitter as well." Caleb acknowledges, pointing to his head then at Danny, his smile is a little too broad to be considered normal.

"Hm, odd that it didn't it come up on mine" I frown.

"Your twitter must've stopped promoting false news." Caleb mutters under his breath, looking away, scratching his brow.

"What?" I question, more confused than I was in the beginning.

Something is definitely wrong with all of them.

"What?" He mimics, turning to Danny whose expression resembles that of a deer caught in headlights.

"What?" Danny asks, frantically looking over to Candi.

"What?" She repeats, looking over to Mase.

"What?" He grimaces at Noah.

"What?" He averts to Tris.

"What?" He stutters to Jas.

"What? Oh yes, it's really cold. We should go inside before we get pneumonia and you know..clean up." She babbles, chuckling nervously but everyone nods in agreement, practically running inside.

What. The. Fuck. Just happened?

*^*^*^*^*^*

"Okay seriously though, what was up with all of you earlier?" I ask, coating Jas' manicured nails with a pretty pastel pink.

The four of us girls had cleaned up-we'd called dibs, much to the boys' dismay-while the boys were taking showers.