"hey now mijo, let's not forget who your father is." I shook my head. "And your mom is just egging you on to like him?"

"She thinks he's good too." Nicolas nodded.

"Just don't say you like him or even talk about Lionel Messi in public ok."

I couldn't believe it, my son. My own offspring was watching videos of another football when his father was the Cristiano Ronaldo. That's like having your parent be your teacher but instead of asking him for help you go to another teacher.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knelt on my knees as I fixed Nicolas's dress shirt. It was about 7 and my family along with Nicolette were expected to arrive around 7:30. I was excited to have everyone together and have the positive family vibe around me. I hadn't seen them in a awhile and now I was going to see all my loved ones and what a time too during Christmas.

Irina had special caterers come over to make our food, it's not that we couldn't cook but it was Christmas night and everything needed to be perfect for everyone and there was no mistakes needed to be made.

The doorbell rang just as I walked into the hallway. I opened it and there stood my mother, my older brother and sisters. I smiled wide at them before opening the door wider allowing them to come in. "Mama, I'm glad you arrive safely."

I have them each a hug and a kiss on the cheek. It had truly been quit a while since I last saw them. "Cristiano, your home never stops surprising me. Did you get an extra part added in?" My brother, Hugo asked.

"Sí" I answered. "I got the sides added."

"So... Where's my nephew?" My eldest sister Lilliana asked.

"yes yes Cristiano, I have to see my grandson." My mother piped in.

"This way mama, he's in the living room with Irina." I led my family to where Irina and Nicolas were. They were seated on the couch watching some of the Christmas cartoons, I believe it was how the grinch stole Christmas.

"Nicolas my baby boy, you look so much like your papi" my mom embraced him. "just call me your nana"

"okay nana" Nicolas said.

I was distracted by the sound of the doorbell ringing again and I quickly thought that it must of been Nicolette. I excused myself to get the door. Before I opened the door, I fix my shirt, flattening any creases or wrinkles that were there. I licked my thumb and slowly brushed over my hair.

I opened the door and my eyes lit up at the sight of Nicolette. Her hair were in curls and she didn't bother coloring a her face with pounds of makeup. It was delightful, her face was well refreshing to look at. I smiled and hugged her quickly taking in her scent. I let go of her and stepped to the side allowing her to come in. She took her coat off and my jaws instantly dropped to the floor. Her dress was probably nothing but the way she wore it was relishing. It was so fitting on her made her look like the most beautiful girl in the world.

"Sorry I'm late." She sent me a brilliant smile. "I nearly had to fight Sergio for me to come here."

"He wouldn't let you come?" I frowned.

"No no, he wanted me to spend it with him and his family as well but I wanted to come here." She explained.

"glad you picked me over your boyfriend." I smirked.

"He's not my boyfriend" she grinned. "Yet, he hasn't asked me or sent me any signs that he would ask me soon so I'm single Cristiano."

"Are you trying to hint to me that your single?" I playfully raised an eyebrow at her.

She didn't respond, she simply stared at me and I returned the favor. For December, it was getting really hot in the hallway. We stared at eachother not breaking contact and the sexual tension was building, for me atleast.

Weird.

"Nicolette you've made it." The voice of Irina broke our stare down.

"Yeah." She gave me one more glance before smiling at my fiancé giving her a hug. "You look amazing by the way, Irina."

"Aw thank you." Irina smiled. "You look great too."

I scratched the back of my neck standing there awkwardly watching my fiancé and the mother of my child exchange kind words together. Woman were crazy and weird. I didn't know they were friends like that.

I introduced Nicolette to my mother and siblings. Oddly they instantly took a liking to Nicolette which was weird considering how long they took to warm up to Irina especially mi mama. She still didn't think me and Irina were meant to be till this day but she liked Irina as a person.

As dinner rolled in, we were all in a conversation with eachother. I caught site of my sisters Elma and Liliana in a deep conversation with Nicolette. It made me happy yet disappointed that Irina couldn't get on with my family like that. If she was to be my wife she had to be close with my family. Nicolette and my sisters just met and Irina known them for almost five years now it couldn't be that hard to spark up a conversation.

As dinner went by, I dinner plan on it but I would steal many glances at Nicolette who was seated between Nicolas and Elma. Nicolas was seated across from me so it wasn't that hard to look at her but it was when your fiancé was at the table.

"So Nicolette, what do you do for a living?" My mom asked.

"Oh I work at a law firm." She looked her. "I work in the offices and stuff reviewing people's files and what not."

"that's really good. a lot of girls here are dependent on males to bring home the bread." My sister said.

"Yeah not me. I don't need a man to pay my bills." She smiled. I admired her for what she did for herself as well as Nicolas. She moved from her family to a foreign country with her son and had to restart from there on her own. Not many woman were that strong or smart.

After dinner we all made way into the living room, I excused myself to go into my room. I was looking for the signed Benzema card I promised Elma, she loved the Frenchman and it was basically my Christmas gift for her. Karim being flirty and cheeky as always even added his phone number at the bottom of the card.

I heard a faint knock on the door. "Come in, the doors open."

The door cracked open and I looked up and there stood Nicolette inside of my room. "Hey, I um needed to know if you have an sweater around for Nicolas it's kind of cold downstairs."

"yeah, he should have loads in his room." I said. She walked in further looking around the room and her eyes landed on the card as a smiled played on her lips.

"Did Karim Benzema send you that?" She saw the pictured of Karim in the cover of the card. "Are you leaving Irina for Karim Benzema?"

"Of course." I said sarcastically. "I've always had this thing for him and now he's finally accepting us being together."

"I support that relationship." She sent me one of her brilliant smiles that blew my mind away.

We stood face to face to one another. I held my breath as I searched her face with my eyes. My own saliva was at my throat. I didn't know what else to do. I stared at her and she stared at me. Are eye contact was intense. This tension between us was building up all night. Her eyes looked up to the ceiling and expanded and grew wide. I followed her eyes up and there hanging under us was well a mistletoe.

Yep a mistletoe. Irina hung them this morning for those times we'd catch eachother under the mistletoe.

"Mistletoe." She whisper looking me in the eyes again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUYS IT HAPPENED OMG IRINA AND CRISTIANO ARE OVER SERIOUSLY OVER LIKE IDK HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS LOLOL LIKE AT FURST WHEN I HEARD I THOUGHT IT WAS A SILLY RUMOR BUT THEN HER PEOPLE CONFIRMED IT HER AGENT ACTUALLY CONFIRMED IT AND LIKE EVERYONE IS SAYING THAT CRISTIANO ENDED IT BC SHE WOULD NOT PUT TIME IN TO GO TO HIS MOTHERS BIRTHDAY PARTY AND IF THATS TRUE THAN KUDOS TO HIM BC FAMILY BEFORE EVERYTHING AND I APPLAUD HIM FOR THAN. ANYWAYS WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS BREAK UP?