page twenty-five;

-Nicolette-

"shhh you must be very very quiet." I raised my fingers to my lips signaling for him to keep quiet.

"I know, I know mum." He whispered.

"Let me get these pancakes on the table, I think I hear him coming out the shower." I wiped the table clean until it was as clear as glass. "but knowing your father he's still looking at the mirror right at the moment."

"can I hold the presents?" Nicolas asked.

"can you hold them all?" I asked, looking at the bags of wrapped gifts that were on the kitchen counter as well as the floor. "why don't you give him that one over there first."

"alright." He walked over to the purple wrapped box.

The footsteps of Cristiano were audible. I could tell he was going down the stairs. He was taking his sweet time which meant he was still clueless to us. I quickly grabbed my camera as he drew nearer.

"SURPRISE! Happy Birthday!" Nicolas and I exclaimed. I clicked the camera and the flash went off.

Cristiano's expression was surprised, he wore a huge grin on his face. "wow, um thank you."

"We've made you breakfast." I smiled at him, guiding with my hands at the full food that was on his kitchen table.

"And presents." Niclolas piped in.

"Yes, the presents." I chuckled. "Come on, Cris."

"you guys are amazing." He said, sitting down at the empty chair.

"eh, we are." I sat down at the seat opposite him.

Nicolas sat besides Cris with the purple wrapped present in his hands. Let me just tell you this, shopping for someone who already has everything in the world is the hardest thing in the world. Which was why we went with simple things.

"this one was my favorite." Nicolas handed Cristiano the gift.

"you didn't have to. You guys are the best birthday gifts already." Cristiano admittied, a hint of blush dared to creep along his cheeks.

I looked down as well, trying to smile to myself. My stomach turned a little. I looked back up to see him unwrapping the gift to reveal a pair of shin guards, but they weren't ordinary shin guards no, there were selfie pics of Nicolas and I on them. It was customized just specifically for him and it had writings on them as well, specifically "cr7" "best in the world"

"This is the best gift i've ever gotten." He looked up at us, his eyes twinkling with joy that made my own heart melt. "Honest, I love it."

"There's also this frame, a picture of us when we were at the Ballon D'or ceremony." I got up and went to pick up the bag from under the counter.

I handed it to Cristiano and he opened it revealing the beautifully framed picture. The frame alone was expensive, beautifully crafted in a golden unique pattern. The picture was beautiful as well.

"I'm going to put this in my night stand right beside my bed." Cristiano held it up to his face. "It's beautiful, I love it."

"Eat your birthday breakfast." I said. I spent hours slaving over the stove for this man, he better eat every last bit of the food and like it.

"thank you, this is such a sweet thing." Cristiano said.

"no need to thank us, it's just what we do." I smiled at him. I watched Nicolas pile his plate with food and such, the sight and smell of it all made my stomach very queazy.

"excuse me." I clasped my hands to my mouth and rushed up. Running past the two boys who watched me with concern in their face.

I was on my knees and my face was inside the toilet within seconds, vomiting up who knows what. I was rarely sick and when I was it was usually just a minor cold, nothing like this.

I felt my hair being lifted from behind me and a soothing hand rubbing against my back as I threw up my soul. " nicolette, are you okay?"

"Cristiano please leave, this is disgusting and I don't want you to lose your birthday appetite after seeing me like this." I coughed violently which caused more gross liquids to come out of my mouth.

"Sh sh, it's okay. Maybe it's best we take you to the hospital." He whispered.

"no. Not on your birthday, I don't want to ruin anything ok. I could take myself tomorrow or something." I declined his offer, today was his birthday. Supposed to be all about him, how many times do you turn 30?

"are you sure?" Cristiano asked, voice full of worry. "My birthday doesn't matter if it messes with your health."

"I'm fine." I said wiping my mouth and finally standing up. Cristiano let go of my hair but stayed in the bathroom watching me as I washed my face. "ew that was disgusting."

"did you eat something bad?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"hm probably was the chicken I had last night." I shrugged. "I hope its not serious food poisoning."

"i'll get you a glass of water." He finally walked out of the bathroom leaving me to myself.

"Uh oh" I rushed back to the toilet, I didn't think I had much left in me but I guess I did. I must of lost 20 pounds right now off of these vomits leaving my body

"we are definitely going to the doctors right now." Cristiano's voice came out from behind.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ .