page twenty-two;

-Nicolette-

I watched Cristiano carefully, I didn't want to do or say anything. He sat on the chair and stared at Nicolas, not emotions on his face. He looked like a statue not moving or blinking. I didn't even know whether he was breathing or not. My lips still tingled from the kiss he gave me. Did he mean it or was it out of anger towards Irina?

"you both look tired." Julia looked between us. "I can stay here while you two go rest."

I just got back from resting. "I just rested."

"an hour of sleep really Nicolette?" Julia said, "he'll be fine, I am his god mother so he would still have someone here watching him. "

"I don't want to leave his side." Cristiano said.

"Did you not just hear me." Julia fussed. "just go get a well rest and i'll call both of you if anything comes up, I promise."

Cristiano looked at me for the first time since he sat down then up at Julia then right back at me. "your going to have to drop me off at my house, I didn't bring my car."

"okay." This would be a good time for us to talk about what happened earlier and what might need to happen with irina. I got up from the chair and grabbed my jacket and purse.

I gave nicolas a kiss on the forehead, "you'll call one of us if you hear anything right?"

"Yeah yeah yeah." Julia nodded. "I've got this."

"I'll see you in a few hours." I said, truth was Julia was correct. I was dead tired, that nap didn't do me justice. If anything it only made me even more tired.

I walked out of the hospital room, Cristiano quietly walked besides me. Between us was a thick layer of tension and awkwardness. Neither of us had the courage to speak up about anything.

Once we reached the parking lot, we found my car.

like i predicted the car ride to Cristiano's house was dead silent. not one person said a peep. I kept my eyes on the road and Cristiano was too occupied on his phone. the radio wasn't even on.

once we reached his house, I parked the car and looked at him expectedly. He didn't even look up from his phone or anything, just unclicked his seatbelt.

"are you going to come in?" He asked, his eyes didn't leave the screen. "We can talk for a bit."

"okay." I turned off the engine of the car and took out the keys. I unlocked the car doors and got out of the car.

I followed Cristiano inside the house curiously. I watched him unlocked the doors to the beautiful home. It was the same as the last time I been in it. I took off my shoes in the front door and walked deeper into the home.

"do you want anything to drink?" Cristiano asked.

"no thank you." I replied. I took a seat on the couch as did he. This time he didn't choose to sit far away from me,he sat right besides me.

"I know what your thinking, the kiss was totally uncalled for because I'm with irina but i'm not. I just broke up with her because- because she was the reason Nicolas was in the hospital." He grabbed my hands and held onto them. "she poisoned him."

"Cris, I know." I admitted.

"you do?" He looked at me confused. "But how?"

"I knew since I came back from my nap earlier, Julia overheard Irina talking on the phone and-"

"If you knew why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"Because you wouldn't have believed us." I said. "You know you wouldn't have, so we came up with a plan for you to overhear her confess to Julia which you did."

"I just don't know what to do anymore." He looked down at our hands. "I thought she was different, I thought she would honestly care for nicolas."

"She fooled me too, I thought she was so sweet." I lick my lips. She fooled me into thinking she was a genuine kind girl but she was really the devil itself.

"I'm sorry." He looked up at me. "For everything."

"don't apologize, it's not your fault." I shook my head. "You didn't know, no one saw this coming."

His face grew closer to mine. "Have you ever wondered."

"wondered what?" I asked.

"What would have been if I didn't leave Manchester or if you would have reached contact with me. would me, you and Nicolas be a family?" He asked, eyes locked with mine.

"I don't know cris." My breathing stopped itself.

"I wondered all the time." He admitted, he let go of my hands. "Would we have more kids? be married by now?"

"You are talking nonsense Cristiano. You truly need to go to sleep."

"I am speaking the truth." He caressed my cheek. "close your eyes."

I did as he said, within seconds his soft lips brushed onto my own. it took me a few seconds to register in my brain what was going on but once I did, I returned the kiss. It went from a sweet kiss to a full heated hungry make out session.

When you are sleepy its almost like being drunk. You do things you don't usually do when you are sober. I didn't drink an ounce of alcohol but I didn't feel at all sober, but I knew exactly what I was doing. I've only ever slept with four guys in my entire life. I've never slept with a guy more than once, that is until now.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++