26. It's You

Beginne am Anfang

"Maya, I-..."

Before he could continue, Maya walked off. As proud and head held high as she could, not wanting to spare another of her precious second for the man who she doesn't wish to be associated with.

.

"Yo girl, what took you so long? I thought you slipped and broke your neck in the ladies." Parker laughed as soon as Maya entered the office, with all the usuals in the vicinity.

"Parker, give the girl a break. You're a dick to her sometimes." Jin beat Parker's chest as the purple head fake coughed, making the others laugh together.

Maya was clearly not even hearing any single word by Parker nor Jin as she walked straight to the mini-fridge, taking out a bottle of ice-cold water, devoured an entire 500 ml of aqua within a min.

"Wow there, chill out missy, it's not vodka or tequila." Parker said as soon as Maya was done with her bottle of water, cheeks looking chubby with the remaining she was yet to swallow.

"Hey! Tae tae is here!" All the attention suddenly turned to the door when it opened, revealing a man with dirty blond hair, swiped back, exposing his sinful forehead.

Maya gulped down her water in a rush, causing her to chock on the sudden action, turning the attention back to her as Parker ran towards his best friend, tapping her back as Maya coughed till her entire face turned bright red.

"Are you alright?" The new addition to the office space asked as Jin, Jimin and Namjoon looked back and forth, sandwiched between the scene.

Maya didn't answer the male, instead, she took a piece of tissue and tried to wipe off some of the spills from her mouth and on her slightly exposed low V neck as the boys turned away.

"Guys, let me introduce this handsome young man. It's Taehyung, the youngest Kim. Cousin of Namjoon and myself." Jimin proudly showed off his cousin.

Jin politely introduced himself followed by Parker who totally forgot about all the diss he made of Taehyung as soon as he saw the fine specimen in front of him.

"And Tae, meet our leading architect. The one and only Maya Lim, all the way from LA." Namjoon took the lead to introduce Maya, as he stood beside the girl.

"H-hi, Maya." Taehyung extended his arm.

It took Maya a split second of admiration when she noticed how V or better yet Taehyung as they introduced have changed across the years.

His shoulder definitely broadened across the years, body fit like a horse, arms exposing his veins more than before, face properly sculptured, still showing off the pretty little mole under his nose and a cute little boxy shape grin.

Maya swallowed hard when she stares into Tae's mouth as his lips curved up into a tiny smile, slowly growing big into a grin as he genuinely seemed happy to introduce himself.

As dumbfounded as Maya was at that time, she didn't want to look unprofessional in front of the others, not when they don't even know the pasts between these two. Parker knows the story and details, but believe it or not, Maya has not shown a single picture of V to him.

Hence, Parker was as clueless as to the others when it comes to identifying who V is.

"Hi." Maya did a quick handshake, taking her hands away as soon as she touched it briefly with the boy in front of him which earned a little sad frown from Tae.

The dirty blond head shakes it off his face as he joined in the others at the couch, leaving a space empty beside him, hoping Maya will sit beside him as all others have occupied beside one another.

Maya is not stupid. She clearly could sense what was Taehyung planning when she noticed the dirty blond glancing her so subtly while crossing his leg, waiting for her to seat as all the other seats have been occupied.

"Namjoon, I'm sorry but I was wondering if I can perhaps go back home? I needed to video call Hoseok for some updates and I forgot my documents at home."

Maya noticed Taehyung shooting her a sharp glance. She tried her best to sound casual and unbothered by the stare she was getting, making her slightly weak on her knees.

Parker wanted to say something but he restrained himself when he noticed Maya was not acting like herself since she returned back to the office earlier. For once, the girl never forgets anything important and two, there is no scheduled call with Hoseok coz if there is, then Parker would know.

"Sure, do you want me to give you a ride?" Namjoon was kind enough to offer.

"No. It's alright. I got the address, I will call for a cab." Maya politely refused, glad that Parker didn't say anything as well. She was grateful that her best friend could possibly read her discomfort.

"I don't mind giving you a ride." Taehyung offered, already up in his feet.

"No. I'm fine on my own." Her voice was stern, clearly very different from the type of voice she spoke with Namjoon just a second ago.

"Maya-..."

"I said it's fine Taehyung. Parker, if you need anything, call me. I will be at the meeting. Bye guys, I will catch up later, sorry about the sudden change of schedule." Maya waved them bye as she walked away as fast as she could, already calling for a cab on her way down.

As soon as she got into the cab, she let her face fall into the palms of her hand as she cried her eyes out, not bothered by the weird reaction she got from the cab driver who was half confused and how terrified of her state.

"Why V? Why did you choose to come back when I have lost everything and moving on? Why?" Maya repeatedly cried until she safely reached Jimin's house, running to her room, locking herself up in the bathroom, under a cold shower, fully clothed.

.
______________________________________
🍀
I feel sad.
Can't imagine the turmoil that Maya must be going through meeting the one person whom she probably wish to forget.