Taehyung looked up from his food and for a second, he was confused. "Hi?"

"Do you know me?"

I knew he remembered me. The first time I saw him in this hospital, there was a sign of recognition in his face.

"Park Soohyun," he responded, his tone confident. I wore my smile again, nodding at him.

"I'm glad. Too bad your friend doesn't remember me."

His eyebrows came together. "Wait. Are you referring to Jungkook?"

"As a matter of fact."

Chewing his food, he seemed to be wondering, not sparing me a glance. "I told him about you."

A spark of hope flashed before my eyes. If he mentioned my name to Jungkook, there was a big possibility that they had talked about me. I felt thrilled to know more. "You did?" I struggled not to sound excited.

"Yup. I said it is quite impossible to not know you. I mean, we were in the same school and batch." Taehyung was such a genius... I would've liked him if he wasnt such an obnoxious clown back then.

"Right."

"But I guess you didn't leave an impact for him to remember you, even a little." What was that? I was starting to think that this conversation wouldn't go anywhere, but I was determined to make this work. I needed a back-up. The perfect choice was Kim Taehyung. As childish as this might be, I really wanted Jeon Jungkook to date me.

"Do you think you can help me?" I wasn't really expecting him to take part in this, but it was me we were talking about. Why would he refuse to help his friend to get such a catch like me? I had my life together. I had a stable job, and it would be more convenient if he dated someone in his line of work.

"With what? I think I get this... Are you planning to set my friend up? Sorry, but he doesnt deserve any scheming witch in life."

I sat there, frozen. I was unable to come up with a witty reply quickly. "Did you just call me a witch?"

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, eating his cucumber salad. "I didn't. I'm worried you might be one."

I had an urge to say something angry but at the same I felt it was an unprofessional act so I drew a breath, telling myself he was just being protective. "This is ridiculous. I came here to talk to you nicely."

"About what? I have to know whether your intention is good or not."

I leaned over the table. "You make it sound like I'm a bad person."

"My bad if I offended you. So you like Jungkook?" I could tell he was genuinely curious so I decided to tell him the truth. After all, I approached him with the intent of having his friend.

"Since freshman year in med school," I said, lifting my chin up. I needed to show him my conviction, and that I wasn't just fooling around.

"No shit?"

He was making me lose my cool. I sighed, hoping this wasn't a waste of my time. "Come on. I won't ask for your help if I'm not serious."

"And you didn't do anything? Did you just watch and stalk him? That's creepy if you ask me."

"Lets cut the chase. I want you to help me get to date him."

I saw the corners of his lips curl up before shaking his head. "I can't. The only thing I do for his love life is giving out his phone number. I give him choices, not force a girl into his personal space."

I must not let this pass without at least a small chance in hand. After this, I had to get back to work and I wouldn't have more time to do all the things that have to do with Jungkook.

"You're not going to force him, don't be crazy. You'll make him realize I am the best among the girls in his league. What is his type?" I patiently watched him chew his food in a painfully slow manner, which I knew was intentional. Did he think I was only playing a game? When would people take me seriously?

"He doesn't have a type, but I know it turns him off when a girl makes advances and chases him," he finally answered.

"What am I supposed to do? If I don't make a move, he will never do it either."

"Just be yourself. He'll like you naturally, if ever he's meant to like you."

"That's lame." I needed an actual, reliable response. If I was being honest, Jungkook seemed to be the guy who liked to play hard to get. Thankfully, tenacious ladies like me existed.

Panic rushed over me when Taehyung wiped his mouth with his hanky and pushed back his seat. He gave me a quick dismissing look as soon as he stood up and fixed the white coat he was wearing. "Good luck, then. I have to go."

I didn't have time to object, so I asked him instead, "Does he have a girlfriend?"

"You figure it out yourself."

I clenched my fists on my lap, my heart hammering inside my chest. "Why are you making this hard for me?"

"Dating Jungkook is not as easy as it sounds."

I must have looked upset when I contradicted, "It took me years to be prepared. Just tell me you don't like me for your friend because I don't care."

The last thing he told me before he walked away was something riled me up for the entire day. I could feel every muscle tensing, and no matter how I convinced myself that Kim Taehyung's words didn't matter, it still left me shaking and baring my teeth. 'Now I know why Jungkook never paid attention on you before even you are such an eye candy. He's allergic to delusional, self-centered women.' Taehyung's voice kept ringing in my head...