☀︎ chapter 27 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

It was around the end of fall when Karasuno was measuring their jump heights for the National Games. Then came Tadeka-sensei who caught their attention with some news.

"Kageyama-kun, you've been asked to attend the All Japan Youth Training Camp!" The team was at a loss of words, not know how to comprehend the news. "Y-Youths as in... T-The representatives for J-Japan under the age of 1-19 right...?" Yachi stuttered and Shimizu nodded slowly.

"Ushijima managed to remain a representative until the end, but who knows if the King will actually last that long," Tsukishima said, watching the Tanaka and Nishinoya congratulating him.

"If I remember correctly, it's the players nominated today, that they'll pick Japan's actual under-19 representatives two years from now on. To compete against the world, they basically look for 15 and 16-year-olds all around Japan to prepare for that selection two years and select a tiny handful of the best." Ennoshita stated.

"But the training camp is going to be held for 5 days at the beginning of December, and right before the Spring Tournament in January. So it's a requirement to go." "I'll go/He should go." Kageyama and Daichi said at the same time.

"I mean the best of Japan is going to be there. Not to mention, there's no point in a team like us being timid." Daichi grinned. "I forgot, I have one more piece of news." Grabbing the whole team's attention again.

"Also, happening at the beginning of December, there will be a special training camp for promising rookies in the Miyagi Prefecture. Coach Anabara form Johzenji High School just gave me a call. It's apparently an idea to try level up Miyagi's Prefecture volleyball skills as a whole. This is apparently only to first-years, so it's basically a mock youth camp. One of our plays has been invited, Tsukishima-kun."

"That's so awesome Tsukki! You're one of the best players in the prefecture!" Yamaguchi cheered. "A training camp?" Tsukishima asked with discomfort. "I mean, Tsukishima was amazing in the finals!" Nishinoya boasted.

Hinata just stood there feeling a bit let down his teammates were going to training camps while he would be staying behind, training with the team.

"Hinata," He snapped up to look at Ukai who had called him. "Yoshida-chan had invited you to Shiritorizawa on the first day to the training camp." Hearing those words made him happy. He had completely forgotten about it.

"I heard from my old man, what she's going to do with you but don't think it's going to be an easy task. So keep it up for the next week." "Hai!" Smiling to himself.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Today the first year's were coming over to Shiritorizawa for the Intense Training Camp. Previous years where she had been the statistician for the Youth Japan Volleyball Team, she never participated with the All Youth Japan Training Camp. This year, she was invited to coach there but Aiya declined politely.

Promising Hinata to train him, she stayed behind to help out with the first-years. At first, Coach Washijo had rejected the idea of having Hinata there because of his own way of training. But Aiya persuaded the coach and ensured him that he would have to follow a different program than the others.

Just as all of the first-years were lined up, a few couldn't help but glare at Hinata who was proudly standing with the others. "You weren't invited right?" Coach Anabara asked but Hinata didn't respond. He had no idea what to do so he joined with the first-years.