☀︎ chapter 13 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

It was the beginning of the third year of Shiritorizawa which meant the final year for some seniors. Unlikely for the pair, they were not in the same class. However, they would make up by eating lunch together followed by walking to practice together.

Coach Washijo had already sent Aiya the list of names who are trying out this year. Not only that, but he had also entrusted her to organize the tryouts which was interesting in her case. Usually, it would be one of the coaches who lead the tryouts. But it seems like they have trusted her and her decision.

So Aiya had asked Ushijima to help her with the tryouts.

Since he is the team captain of the volleyball team, it would make sense for him to evaluate the new players with her. The rest of the volleyball players only had practiced during the weekends while the tryout was happening for the week. As much as Ushijima was tempted to jog away from the tryouts, Aiya made him stay.

The first years were lined up in the Shiritoirizawa's gym in their gym uniforms. Of course, they were nervous about the tryouts since it determines their fates. Henceforth, it created a tense atmosphere.

Aiya and Ushijima walked in the silent gym with a clipboard and all the eyes were on the pair. They whispered among themselves as they were surprised that two of the famous people in Sendai were walking together.

"Oi isn't that the Genius Coach Aiya Yoshida and the top ace of Miyagi Wakatoshi Ushijima?"

"She's the manager here!? I think I'm about to shit myself."

"Ushijima already looks intimidating."

Aiya and Ushijima stopped to face themselves to the first-years. "Hello everyone and welcome to the tryouts of the Shiritorizawa Volleyball team. As some of you know, my name is Aiya Yoshida the manager and assistant coach of Shiritorizawa's boy volleyball team." Aiya introduced herself.

"And my name is Wakatoshi Ushijima the captain of the Volleyball Team." Followed by Ushijima. "Today we are here to assess some of your volleyball skills and abilities for this year's team. Even though some may not be on the regular team, please don't feel discouraged over this fact. There is a possibility of being on next year's team." Aiya looked at the clipboard to see the names.

"What we are going to do today is having a friendly game between each other. When I call your name, please pick up a jersey at the front and go to the right side court." "Hai!" They responded. 

"Tsutomu Goshiki?"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Throughout the rest of the evening, the first-years were giving their best while Aiya and Ushijima were observing them. Exchanging comments and writing them down.

The whistle blew and the game came to an end. "That is the end of the practice match. Clean up the gym and gather around for some closing words." Aiya said and the first years did what they were told.

"Good job for tonight. We're going to have another game tomorrow same timing. Any questions before we go for the night?" Aiya asked the first-years which they didn't respond. "Alright then. Ushijima-san, do you have anything to add on?" "Good job." Is all he said. "Have a good night." Aiya dismissed the students.

"Ai-chan~" Aiya turned around and saw her boyfriend approaching her. "Sa-kun, why are you here?" Wrapping his arms around her waist he rested his head on top of hers. "I just wanted to see how you are doing~ Neh Wakatoshi-kun, are there some first-years who can be on the regular team?"