☀︎ chapter 29 ☀︎

[a/n: at this point, it is a little spoiler for what about to happen in haikyuu (unless you had read the manga)

so y'all have been warned!]

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

After the holidays, the National Games started. Some of the Shiritorizawa players had gathered around in the lobby to watch the games. Mainly looking out for Karasuno's performance. It felt weird for the whole team to not be at Nationals, but was excited about how the other schools would play.

Aiya had brought out her laptop to watch the games live in the Lobby. Joining with her was a few of the volleyball players too. The first day was the opening ceremony and the first round for most schools.

Karasuno had won their first match against Tsubakhara Academy who represented the Kanagawa prefecture. The day after that, they had played against Inarzaki High School. A short interview was conducted for Atsumu who played as the school's setter.

"Hello, we are here with Miya Atsumu, setter of the Inarzaki High School." "Hello~ Nice to meet you~" Atsumu waved towards the camera. "How do you feel about going up against Karasuno? They had played an amazing game against Shiritorizawa to be here."

"Well, I am a bit excited to see what they will do during our match," Atsumu answered. "That is an unexpected answer Atsumu-san. Before you go, do you have anything else you want the viewers?" The reporter asked.

"Yes, I would like to say a few words. Aiya if you're watching this interview right now, I want a private coaching lesson from you. I was already sad that you didn't come to the Youth Japan Training Camp and now Nationals. You already have my number so don't be afraid of calling me." Winking towards the camera to which Aiya slightly gagged on.

"Oh, you must be talking about the Genius Coach Aiya Yoshida. You are close to her?" "Sadly I'm not but I heard she is very close with the Karasuno team we are about to face." Chuckling while giving off some ominous aurora around him.

"You heard it, folks! Yoshida-san is close with Karasuno. Will she answer to Atsumu's request? Reporting live at the Tokyo-"

Aiya closed her laptop and sighed while the team was speechless. "S-So Yoshida-senpai, are you going to help him?" Goshiki was the first to break the ice. "Not in a million years," Aiya answered.

"Why not? He is a good player and has a good reputation. A bit better than Oikawa I think..." Semi said while muttering the last part.

"Oh, you guys don't understand. Ai-chan doesn't work with the best players. She picks whoever she wants to work with that has the potential to grow more."Tendou said. "Is that why Yoshida-senpai worked with Hinata at the first-year camp?" Goshiki asked. "Yeah," Ushijima answered.

"I think you made a good call to not coach him." Tendou nuzzled into Aiya's neck. "All thanks to Coach Ukai and telling me about this."

And after their match, Karasuno had won again.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Kuroo had dialled Aiya's phone number once he was alone in the change room. Wanting to tell her, the experience he had of playing against Karasuno and fulfilling his goal of having the 'Battle At The Trash Heap'. They were eliminated on the

"Hello?"

"Ai-chan, we lost." His voice sounded fine, with no hint of sadness.

"Tetsu-kun, your match against Karasuno was an impressive one. The Shiritorizawa guys were at the edge of their seats. And one of the Karasuno graduates was enjoying your match too." Hearing that Aiya had made him smile.