☀︎ chapter 33 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

a few years later...

"I'm breaking up with you."

"S-Sa-kun, why?"

"I don't have feelings for you anymore."

"What do you mean 'I don't have feelings for you anymore'? I thought we were going to be together during university Sa-kun."

"No Aiya, I'm not joking. All this time, I have been using you."

"i-chan, Ai-chan?" Aiya snapped out of her daze and saw her concerned childhood friend in front of her. "Are you okay? You haven't touched your food ever since it got served to you." Kuroo was treating her at a high-end restaurant for her 23rd birthday. "Yeah... I'm fine..." Aiya lied. "Ai-chan, I know what's wrong so you can't avoid it from me."

"I'm just not over him Tetsu-kun." And Kuroo knew what she was talking about. Ever since the breakup, the first person she contacted was him. As there was a chance for him to take Tendou's place, he didn't. It took a lot of time for her to accept the reality Tendou and her were not dating anymore.

She remembered the day after it happened. As soon as she came home she cried a lot, making her parents worried about her. But Aiya never allowed anyone into her room so it was more concerning. However, with a bit of motivation from Krupp, she came out of her own cage slowly and continued her education.

So here they are. Five years later she still thinks of Tendou and how he has been doing. Kuroo had the urge to confront Tendou but that wouldn't solve anything for him. He was already a busy man and does the best he could to be with her.

"I know so just ease up a bit. It's your birthday today and yet you still hold onto the memories?" "But you know it was-" "That was the past Ai-chan. Come on, I know you can put your thoughts away just for your special day." Giving her an assuring smile.

"You know it's hard to do that," Aiya scoffed. "Hey, I'm just saying that the birthday girl shouldn't be sad on her special day," Kuroo said defensively.

Kuroo was right, she shouldn't sad on her birthday.

Picking up her fork and knife, she a bite of the food Kuroo had ordered for her. Kuroo watched her closely, making sure she was eating. "It's good Tetsu-kun, thank you again." She smiled.

"Anything for you Ai-chan."

"Happy Birthday Ai-chan," He smiled as he rose his wine glass to her.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Alright huddle up!" Aiya yelled at the Japan National team. "Things are doing better now after the training camp. Keep it up until our first match against Australia. Other than that, you guys are done for today's practice."

After graduating from Shiritorizawa, Aiya continued to coach while studying kinesiology at university. After graduating, she was offered a job by the head coach himself, Hibarida Fuki, as the assistant coach for the Japan National Team. Despite being the youngest coach, she still has her reputation during her high school days.

"Coach! Happy birthday!" Aiya turned around and saw one of the players Itsuki Takahashi, the setter, holding a cake with the others behind it. "Aw thank you, guys. I'm sorry to say that my birthday was yesterday..." Trailing off but one of the players spoke up.

"It's nothing coach. We wanted to celebrate it with you regardless," said Haruto Murata, the ace of the team. "Hurry up and blow out the candles. We're kinda starving after practice." Eiji Ito said, the middle blocker. "Be patient will you?" She chuckled before blowing out the candles.