☀︎ chapter 25 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

As the ball bounced in the silent gymnasium followed by the referee's whistle, Karasuno was first to scream for victory.

"Farwell my paradise," Tendou said as he watched Karasuno cheering.

Quietly, Shiritorizawa was walking towards the crowd where their school was located. On the count of three, they had thanked their school and walked back to the bench.

"Kenjiro, are you all right?" Ohira asked. "Yes, my head is just spinning a little. I never thought we would lose..." "No one here thought we would lose." Then the tears were starting to fall for the team. Goshiki had cried the most so Yamagata was comforting him as they walked back.

Everyone walked over the coaches' bench, Aiya saw tears that were trying to be held back. As the team was staring at Coach Washijou, they only words that came out of his mouth were: "We'll have a meeting when we get back." He left with Coach Saitou walking beside him.

Aiya looked over to the team who was staring back at her. "Yoshida-senpai, we didn't win..." Goshiki was the first to speak up while trying to hold back the tears. Without a word, she opened her arms to the team and some came in to hug her.

They continued to cry and she rubbed their backs. "Don't think it's over for you guys. Winning constantly wouldn't make you stronger, so think of this as an opportunity to improve yourselves." Trying to keep their morals up.

Looking over to Tendou, he was slouching more than usual which made Aiya's stomach churn. She released the hug with the teammates and walked over to Tendou, noticing her presence. "Ai-chan..." Fixing his posture quickly.

"It's okay Sa-kun, you did your best." She encouraged him hoping it would help in any way. But he pulled her into a hug and clutched onto her jacket. Feeling a few tears that landed on her shoulders, Aiya wrapped around his torso and continued to pat his back.

"I couldn't keep our promise... Going to nationals for our last year." "Who cares about Nationals? As long as you tried your best, that's what matters the most. And after a few thoughts, I think a trip to the hot springs wouldn't be bad." Pulling away to his face a bit wet from the tears.

"Really?" "Really." Wiping the tears away. "Now go and do your cool-down exercise." Pushing him towards the team. With a quick deep breath, he was back to his normal self. Grabbing Ushijima, they did their cool down routine together.

"Wakatoshi-kun, you got pissed off in the end, didn't you? Usually, you'd regroup or leave at to someone else in that situation. I got chills thinking they might actually block it." Tendou said but Ushijima was deeply thinking about the game.

"I want to say, 'I'm stronger than you'". An unexpected answer from Ushijima sparked Tendou's interest. "Is that childish of me? But I still wanted to say that." He added on.

"Isn't what drives most people childish in general? That was a great straight. It felt like I got to see a new side of you Wakatoshi-kun." Tendou replied and together they rotated to the other side.

"I'm going to quit volleyball after high school, but I'll be watching you on TV and brag that we were best buds, so do your best." "Yeah," "When Jonetsu Tairku makes a documentary about you, you have totally had my permission to let them interview me as an old comrade."

"Okay..." Ushijima got up and saw the quick duo who was staring at the scoreboard. "I'll be back for a bit," Getting onto his feet, he walked to them. "Just be back before the award ceremony." Tendou called out.

"Ushijima was so damn cool..." Hinata said and Kageyama gave a small nod of agreement.

"Hinata Shoyu and Kageyama Tobio from the concrete," Quickly they turned around to see Ushijima standing there. "I'll defeat you next time." He said and that made them determined.