☀︎ chapter 24 ☀︎

[a/n: AHHHHH THE F*CKING PLAYOFFS!!!!!!! I WAS SEARCHING FOR A TEAM PHOTO BUT THIS BEAUTIFUL PHOTO CAME UP 😂😂😂😂😂
(SORRY NOT SORRY)]

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

The start of the Spring High-Miyagi Prefecture Representative Playoffs, also the beginning of determining who gets to represent Miyagi for Nationals. As Shiritorizawa cleared their paths, it was already determined they will be played for finals.

Karasuno was working their way up until it came to Aoba Josei. The school they lost to during the Inter-High tournament. But with the new skills that were polished, they used it and had won the semi-finals. At this point, they could change their nickname from "Flightless Crows" back to "Powerhouse".

Now came Shiritorizawa...

By the time it was Shiritorizawa vs. Karasuno, everyone in the crowd was anticipating which school would win. Tension continued to build between the two schools that would be facing each other.

Karasuno was the first to step into the gym and the first thing they saw was their school coming out to cheer for them. Daichi and a few of the other team members felt overwhelmed by how it was happening at the moment.

Shiritorizawa walked into the gym and their school was already doing their cheer. Aiya could tell by the looks in their eyes, they are ready to play against them. Just as everyone was warming up, Nishinoya was hesitant of asking the Shiritorizawa members if they knew who Aiya's boyfriend was. But came the huge hint.

"Ai-chan~" Tendou called out and she turned around to be met with him hugging her. "Sa-kun, not in public!" Aiya scowled as she tried to get away from him.

"WAIT, YOU'RE HER BOYFRIEND?!" Nishinoya exclaimed and Tendou exchanged looks with him. "Me? Of course, I am~" Giving him a smug look. "I NEVER THOUGHT IT WAS YOU!" "Oi Nishinoya, it's rude to point at- Yoshida-chan! Do you need help?" Daichi asked if she needed some assistance.

"I-I'm fine Daichi-san." Assuring the captain. "Sa-kun, let go before I start spiking balls at your face again." She threatened and with no hesitation, he did so. "I need help with taping my fingers." Holding the roll of tape in front of her and she sighed, taking the tape off of his hands. "You've already done it a by yourself but why do you need my help?"

"It's just for extra luck." He said and Aiya couldn't help but smile. "You'll be amazing Sa-kun. There is no need for extra luck." Finishing her job by securing the tape.  "Just what I needed to hear from you."

"Look at them being all lovey-dovey again." Shirabu being disgusted at the sight in front of them. "It's our last year so what's wrong about it?" Ohira asked. "Just everything." Faking puke sounds. "Man, I wish I could have a girlfriend." Goshiki openly admitted. "You're still in your first year, so you'll find one, unlike us third-years." Semi death panned while giving him a pat on the shoulder.

The sound of the whistle was heard which meant it was the start of their match. Each school lined up facing towards their coaches.

"We will now begin the Japanese National High School Volleyball Tournament, Miyagi Prefecture Qualifiers, Boy's Finals. Miyagi Prefectural Karasuno High School, versus Shiritorizawa Academy." The announcer started. The team captains, Daichi and Ushijima, walked to the center of the court to shake hands.

"We will now introduce  Karasuno High School Lineup. #1 Sawamura Daichi, #3 Azmane Asahi, #5 Tanaka Ryunosuke, #9 Kageyama Tobio, #10 Hinata Shoyo, #11 Tsukishima Kei, #4 Libero, Nishinoya Yu, Coach Takeda Ittetsu."