The X Factor Audition

Angel nervously walked over to "the X" on stage. She really had no idea why she went through with auditioning. She had never had any vocal training, and she had no experience in the industry whatsoever. But her family was adamant on convincing her to give it a try while they were still on vacation in the UK. After a long time of saying "Absolutely not!" and "I'm not good enough!" she eventually agreed. And now, here she was.

She gets some cheers and some warm smiles from the judges before Tulisa starts speaking.

Tulisa: "Hi, how are you?"

Angel: "I'm good. Really nervous but also excited."

Tulisa: "Good, good. What's your name and how old are you, love?"

Angel: "My name's Angel Robinson and I'm sixteen years old."

Louie: "You're American?"

Angel: "Yes, I am" she responds with a small chuckle. "Me and my family have been exploring the UK for a few weeks while we're on vacation and they convinced me to try and audition."

Tulisa: "Well, let's hear it then. Begin when you're ready."

Angel looks down and takes a deep breath as the music to Adele's Rolling in the Deep starts. She smiles and calms herself a bit before singing.

"There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark-"

She finds herself nervous again when she sees the unimpressed looks on the faces of the audience members. She takes another deep breath as she starts she pre-chorus.

"The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling

We could have had it all!"

Cheers erupt from the crowd and the judges exchange impressed glances throughout the song.

"You had my heart inside your hands
But you played it, you played it, you played it, you played it to the beat"

She shifts her focus away from the song and back to the crowd and the judges. A smile spreads on her face when the applause begins.

The judges take turns complimenting the girl before Kelly says something that changed her life forever.

Kelly: "I think you would fit really well in a girl group."

Angel: "...oh."

Tulisa: "I actually think I can see that as well. How do you feel about that?"

Angel: "I-I wouldn't mind being in a group. I haven't really put much thought into it."

Kelly: "Well, you'll have plenty of time to think it through because I'm giving you a yes."

Tulisa: "It's a yes from me as well."

Louie: "Angel, I'm going to give you a yes!"

Gary: "Congratulations, you have four yes's."

Angel jumps up and down excitedly.

Angel: "Thank you so much!"

She walks off stage with a smile on her face, oblivious to what will happen in years to come.

A/N:
I am so sorry that I am so bad at updating regularly. I hope you enjoyed, despite the chapter being published so late.

Again, I can't see most of my old comments so if you have made a request, it would be greatly appreciated if you DMed it to me. Have a lovely rest of your day! 🖤