"No, I left. I'm almost home, but I can turn around if you want me to." My hope is crushed in an instant.

"No, no, it's fine. I think they're coming back," I lie not wanting to be a burden. "I'll talk to you later Ab." I hang up before she can get another word in. She's almost home. That's too much to ask.

I slip my phone back into the water bottle pocket in my backpack. Tiny water droplets land on my long eyelashes as I begin walking on the sidewalk. Mom's house is about a 10-minute drive so, I'm guessing it will take me a little over an hour to walk.

About 10 minutes into my walk I spot a red car stop at the red light next to me. I turn my head curiously at the driver. A familiar arm that's tattooed with a cigarette in hand causes me to stop my walking. Curly dark brown hair with silver at the bottom makes my cheeks redden in embarrassment. Jackson.

I snap my head to in front of me and press forward. I can hear his engine revving and speed off. I let out a huge gulp of air as he passed.
~
By the time I make it home my feet are covered in blisters and sore. My heart is fluttering in my chest as I push the front door open. My hair is matted with water and my whole body is dripping tears from the sky.

"Nadia you're getting my floor wet!" Mom yells walking towards me fast. My whole body is shaking from anger.

"Fuck your floor!" I shout in her face and push past her. I don't even look back to see her jaw dropped on her precious floor.

Tears finally burn down my cheeks as I run up the stairs and knock into a hard chest. I bounce back from the brick wall I just ran into. My head turns up to meet Henry's worried face.

His light brown hair is wet and curly from the rain and his cheeks are its normal pink. "Nadia," he says breathily.

I frantically wipe at my wet tears that are pouring down my face. My tiny hands push at him, but he doesn't budge. "Move!" I scream my voice hoarse and dry.

"No, are you okay?" He asks gently, but anger and sadness is the only thing on my mind.

"Like you fucking care! You all left me!" I bark again. "That bitch even saw me, but you still left! I yelled your name asshole!" My voice doesn't even sound like my own. I've never stuck up for myself like this.

Henry's face is a mixture of shock and worry. "I didn't hear from you. Kim said you had a ride," Henry argues back.

I don't even respond just attempt to squeeze past him. I channel my inner strength and push him out of my way. I bolt down the hall until I make it to my room. The door slams behind me and shakes my whole room. I twist the lock so, there's no way in.

I hate this family. And Henry has the nerve to act innocent. He barely talks to me and now he does because he was an asshole and left me behind?

I've always felt like I don't belong anywhere. I am a burden to my dad, friends, and this asshole family. Hell, I'm a burden to myself. I hate myself more than anything. What's wrong with me? Why does nobody want me?

Tears fly out of my eyes and my throat burns from screaming. I grab my pillow off my bed and shove my face into it to muffle my sobbing. My nose is dripping and my body is shaking from the cold rain.
~
"Stop Aurelio!" I cry scratching at his arms, drawing blood. My whole body is trembling from fear and sadness.

"Please! No!" My voice cracks and I choke on my tears.
~
I wake up to the sound of pounding on my door. I must have fallen asleep. I pull my tiny body off the ground and crawl to the door unlocking the door.

The door flys open and a worried Henry storms in. He flips the light on and scans the room. "Where is he?" He asks with his voice booming.

"Who?" I croak back. My voice is dry and shaky.

"Aurelio, I heard you screaming." I mentally scold myself for being so loud.

"Um, it was a nightmare," I whisper. Henry is in sweats and a baggy hoodie. Shit, he was sleeping.

"A nightmare? Are you okay?" He asks falling to his knees in front of me, clearly frazzled. He sleeps directly under me so, he must have heard through the vents.

My tears answer for me and his face turns sad for me. "You're still in your wet clothes. You need to change," he insists and I nod crawling to my dresser. I pull out a hoodie and shorts. Henry turns so he can't see him and I quickly swap clothes.

I leave my wet clothes in a pile and wipe my runny nose with my sleeve. "Did he hurt you?" Henry asks with shock on his pretty face.

I can't find my voice. No words to come out so, I bring my knees to my chest and cover my face. I feel large arms wrap around me and I snuggle into his chest.

"What are these?" Henry asks sternly pulling me out of my head. I look to see what he's pointing at. My upper thigh, with red slices.

"N-nothing," I stutter pulling my shorts to cover them. They're bleeding because I ripped them open during cheer the other day.

"That's nothing Nadia," he growls angrily at me. But he only holds me tighter, rubbing my back as I relax into him.