Introduction

My name is Milaia. 

I was born in the Kingdom of Bieno, one of six Kingdoms.

Bieno was a horrible place. Hunger, violence, thieves, cold-blooded murders were common words in our daily vocabulary. 

The wounds of the past, full of war, conflict, and too much death, made the miserable life a luxurious gratitude compared to what had happened before. 

Sometimes the ghosts of the past never leave, we learn to live with them.

'The woods are a dangerous place

'The woods are a dangerous place.' 

It was completely forbidden to step on them after sunset. It was a simple rule, practically learned just as a child became aware of its existence. As we grew older, we were given the reason for this strict rule. I remember reading the book "Where we all come from" for the first time when I was very young. Books always taught me more than humans.

The book told the story about what happened many, many years ago, when the world was not yet a world, men were not yet men, and history had not yet begun to be written. During the creation of the Universe, the Gods decided to create a world that they could control and care for. 

The first living thing they created was a Tree, the Tree of Life. At first small and seemingly helpless, it gradually grew. It then developed roots, which spread all over the world around it. Through these long and extended roots, it was able to connect with everything that was created after it. The Tree of Life was intertwined with absolutely all the elements of nature. Elements controlled by the Gods of the universe, each of them had imposed the power of its element on various creations.

The elements were five, water, earth, air, fire, and a fifth, which no one was ever able to fully comprehend, but they say, was the most powerful. Divided, those elements were not so strong, but together they had immense power. A power capable of wiping out the entire universe. This power, being so colossal, had to be controlled somehow. So five signs were born from them, completing the circle of nature.

To protect the signs, the Gods chose humans as Kings and Queens, and therefore, established Kingdoms.

Aqua, Goddess of water, created the Kingdom of Anapos, also known as the Kingdom of the seas and the everlasting rivers. Its inhabitants learn to swim before they walk, they are practically fish in the middle of a human world.