He contributed well he guessed. Almost not bad at all to be by Fina's side. In fact, quite valuable. But at the same time, he rarely crossed path with the warriors after that.

So, he wondered.

Why now?

And did Scarlet and Fina foresaw this?

"Well, even though I'm a local, I haven't managed to mingle with all the ladies in this Kingdom, Prince Dylan", Frederick started instead. "But, I do agree it's such an honour to be dining with the Princess and her Lady Companions. They're all fine ladies".

Fina chuckled. Brie even giggled a thanks and Lydia covered her mouth, to compose herself, even though she studied with him enough to understand his character. He even once or twice tried to be subtle, but failed in Lydia's eyes to ask in 'no particular' of the well-being of one of her friends.

She resisted from meddling and she always lightly teased him when they had classes together those previous days. And often, with works and preparations, Lydia couldn't even tip off any clues to her dear friend and savior.

Lance only smirked at those phrases.

Not bad at all. Smooth indeed.

Neville and Zuber too took note of Frederick's presence. Could they do anything about him?

Scarlet's attention was more onto the servant who was replacing her plate, meal and fork.

Sitting beside him, of course, she heard him. But even flattery couldn't beat her hunger for food, especially fine meat.

She made a mental note to start fasting to prep herself before the expedition. The rationing days would begin when they are on seas and she was pulling a lot of studies being Captain, it was another form of exhaustion. That, and the annoying suitors she had to manage too.

The dinner went on smoothly, Fina being the most talkative ones. Some of the suitors shared their stories when being asked by Fina, Brie and Lydia. Even Fina acted pleasant around Dylan, as though she wasn't there to witness that he was almost tried. That she was the one who intended to try him.

Lance and the Officers chatted a bit, getting to know Lucas, even providing some tricks and guidance to navigate through the castle ways and trainings in palace.

Even Mason shared his advices on how to gauge their Captain's temperament.

"Is that really a good idea there, Officer Mason – tipping to Officer Lucas but not to the suitors?" Lance whispered with a smirk.

Slight pity for the suitors who had no idea. Even Scarlet's men were not being easy on them either it seemed.

All the while oblivious Scarlet and Frederick quickly finished their meals.

****

The sounds of footsteps echoed the hallways to their respective studies.

Without meaning to, both Scarlet and Frederick happened to excuse themselves early after they finished their dinner course.

The walks were only filled with their steps. Nothing more.

It was already unexpected for to be leaving the dining hall at the same time.

Scarlet could sense that Officer Mason was smirking unnecessarily on his own. She would find ways to get back at him. Surely, she would.

It caught her off-guard. And it definitely dragged the attention of everyone on the table. Because two persons sitting side by side leaving together in the middle of a dinner with the Princess, it raised all sorts of unnecessary attention and questions.