side story - Juleka

I was 12 and Lu was 15 when our parents passed away, Lu always took care of me by doing some work outside and bringing me food, we were doing fine by ourselves, it was enough to survive, but it was a hard way of living life.  One day, an old man came to us after he saw Lu working in different places several times, while I worked at a bookstore.  He offered to take care of us, and at first, me and Lu looked hesitantly at him, but after he explained to us that we would be living with him and that he would provide us better paying jobs, we decided to agree and move in with him.

Eight years passed, and now  the old man was going to retire from his job as head butler at the Royal Palace.  Me and Lu have always admired him as both a father and role model figure, to the point where Lu began calling him master.  He taught us etiquettes and everything that would be useful to us in the future, and now that he taught we were ready, he was offering us to go work at the Royal Palace, me as a maid and Lu as the old man's replacement.  Me and Lu were excited, because we could finally make more money for ourselves and pay back all the kindness the old man gave us.  I knew that with my introverted personality I would have it a bit harder, but the old man reassured me that the head maid was an outstanding person whom I could count on and ask for help whenever I needed.  

The day we would be introduced at the Royal Palace arrived, and I was in a room together with other new maids, while Lu went with the old man to be introduced to the head maid.  While I was there, nobody talked to me and I talked to nobody, but that was until a short blond haired girl with big blue eyes came to me and introduced herself as Rose Lavillant.  She was a short girl with cheerful and warm personality, the total opposite of me, but even so, she didn't care about that, and we soon became close.  After a few minutes, a young woman with dark blue shoulder length hair and blue eyes arrived and introduced herself as Marinette Dupen-Cheng, the head maid.  The old man was right, throughout the time she explained and toured us all over the Royal Palace, she always gave off a sophisticated aura and was able to answer all questions easily and readily.

The first day of work arrived and we were now living in compounds at the Royal Palace, so me and Lu would only see each other at work or whenever we would visit the old man.  I was in charge of laundry with other maids and the head maid, when I saw Lu staring at Marinette, then he approached her and did some kind of wall slam, or in this case, tree slam and raise her chin with his hand.  I was cringed and holding my laughter when I saw the way he looked at her, oh my god, that stupid brother of mine was in love, finally.  When Marinette started fixing Lu's suit, he suddenly jumped back and hurriedly went away, probably because she said something.  When Lu was no longer to be seen, the maids circled Marinette and asked all kind of questions.  I thought for a bit and then a smug smirk came to my face to the idea of teasing my brother this evening, when we would visit the old man tonight.

Evening came and I was ready to tease my stupid brother, I entered the old man's house and went straight to him with a smug face as he looked at me with the same expression, it seems like the old man saw it too, and when Lu entered, me and the old man were both looking at him with a big smirk on our faces while he looked confused, then I whispered loudly to the old man that someone seemed to be in love, and the old man replied that that someone looked really happy about it, Lu then flushed pink and looked away while saying that it was not true and that he only found her attractive, I was kind of cringing by the way he reacted, but it was so fun to tease him that me and the old man went on for a straight hour before we reported to him our first day and went back to our compounds.

One day, while I was cleaning the halls with Rose, I heard a voice in the distance, I opened the window for it to reveal it was Lu's, and he was singing.  Like what?? Why?? Why would he sing in the middle of the day?? That was what I was thinking when a hand pulled me towards where the voice was coming from, it was Rose's.  We were now at a window that faced the garden and we could see other servants coming too as Lu was singing, and when I looked to where he was looking, I saw Marinette outside the library's window, looking at him.  Ohh, I see, so Lu's serenading her, I thought as a smirk formed on my lips.  That situation looked cringy to me, but, still, Lu had a very soothing voice.  He used to love singing with our parents, but when they passed away, he decided that he wouldn't sing again, as it would only bring back distant memories, but now, he was singing again, and he looked so happy, which made my smirk shift into a small smile as I closed my eyes and listen to his voice, and when Marinette started duetting with Lu, the air became lighter and I was feeling as if I was floating on air by how smooth and relaxing their voices were.  After they finished singing, everyone clapped and those two snapped out of their own world, realizing in what awkward situation they were in now, Marinette buried her face into a book while Lu ran away.

A few days after, I noticed that Lu was being more intimate with Marinette by hugging her, kissing her and spending time with her.  I see, something must've happen between them, but when?  And it seems like the others noticed too.  When the end of the day arrived, the other maids questioned Marinette when she arrived at the compound and so "girls' talk" time arrived and they pressured Marinette in spilling everything, and she did, in part.  When she finished talking, I noticed that she was trying to hide something, and it seems like Rose noticed my face and so asked for more details in my stead.  I'm really glad to have met a person like Rose, she doesn't care if I don't speak much, and she understands what I need just by looking at me.  Anyways, going back to the main topic, it came out that Marinette and Lu were dating since yesterday, and everyone began cheering, clapping, and squealing loudly.  

I was happy for Lu, since our parents passed on, Lu decided to focus only on working so that we would have enough money for the rent, and by doing so, he didn't think about himself, about hi social and love life.  He had some friends, but they were only people he met at work, his colleagues, as for love, he was too busy working that Lu didn't notice all the girls that tried to approach him during his work, they would always come to the restaurant the old man recommended, and where Lu was working, before he became the head butler.  However, now, just after a few days and he was captivated by a woman he just met.  Ugh, that must be what they call "love at first sight", blegh.  I mean, I am happy for Lu, but still, love, romance, hearts and pink aren't my cup of tea.  Well, maybe except Rose, if it's her, then it's fine.