III - song to you

It was the day before the Princess' tea party when something troublesome happened.
Marinette was busy organizing the garden for the tea party when she heard that there was some trouble at the kitchen. She ordered the rest of the maids to continue doing their work as she directed herself towards the kitchen, there she saw the cooks troubled by a smashed cake on the ground, which was supposed to be for the tea party, and the lack of time and ingredients made it impossible to make a new one. Marinette looked around and found all the ingredients she needed and wrote down on a piece of paper: "cold". Then she left the kitchen and resumed her work.

She always did stuff like that, because she didn't want to be the one to always tell everyone how to do this and how to solve that, since she thought that it seemed like she was too commanding, but all the same she didn't want people to rely on others too much, especially on herself, thinking that eventually, someone would come and rescue them from their problems, so she wanted people to be able to solve their problems on their own. Still, Marinette enjoyed helping others, so whenever a deadline was approaching or some troubles happened and it would've caused serious problems, she would butt in and help by either leaving a hint or advice, or relieve servants' workload by doing a part of their work. However, whenever she saw people needing help but not working hard, or even worse, not working at all, she would leave them on their own.

While Marinette was already back at the garden helping positioning the table and the chairs, she overheard the maids talking about a certain Ladybug being at work again, which was a topic Marinette didn't understand, but didn't ask about it, and also about the kitchen staff being able to find a substitute recipe for the cake, which was a cheesecake. Since the remaining flour was not enough to bake another cake and the fact that it took too much time to buy new ingredients, a cheesecake was a perfect solution for a non-flour cake recipe. That was what Marinette though while leaving the hint behind. She knew no one would know, but still, it always made her happy to see the others happy.

The Princess' tea party went smoothly and the reception of the cheesecake was very positive. The guests really liked the cool soft and creamy texture which melted in their mouth, and the variety of flavors that came with it, such as the chocolate, strawberry and blueberry thin layer at the top, and the crusty, firm but yet soft layer at its base. The day went on with maids putting the table and chairs back to where they were supposed to be, and helping out at the kitchen with the cleaning. That's how the day ended and Marinette retired to her room, waiting for a tomorrow to arrive.

Luka was so busy that he hasn't been able to see Marinette since his first day of work, but since now the Princess' tea party was over, maybe they would've had more opportunities to bump into each other. It wasn't long when someone heard his prayers and satisfied his wish. There he saw Marinette at the window of the library, reading a book accompanied by the light cool breeze caressing her dark blue hair. When he saw her, he wanted to go and talk to her, but she seemed in a break, he didn't want to take away her break time from her. He decided to make her break time a bit livelier and so he started singing.

( Marinette - Luka )

"Do you love the rain, does it make you dance
When you're drunk with your friends at a party?
What's your favorite song, does it make you smile?
Do you think of me"

Marinette looked up from her book and saw a certain young man singing just outside her window, she put the book down and listened to his soothing voice singing.

"When you close your eyes
Tell me what are you dreaming?
Everything, I wanna know it all"

"I'd spend 10,000 hours and 10,000 more
Oh, if that's what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours
And I might never get there but I'm gonna try
If it's 10,000 hours or the rest of my life
I'm gonna love you (Ooh)"

Marinette smiled softly at Luka. He saw her smiling that beautiful smile and blushed, but still looked at her and continued singing.

"Do you miss the road that you grew up on?
Did you get your middle name from your grandma?
When you think about your forever now
Do you think of me?"

"When you close your eyes
Tell me what are you dreaming?
Everything, I wanna know it all"

Marinette was now gazing as a handsome Luka was serenading her. They never looked away, they just looked into each others' eyes warmly, and because of that, they did not notice the maids who stopped working and went to see who was singing, knights who just stood there listening and other servants who were either listening or dancing.

"I'd spend 10,000 hours and 10,000 more
Oh, if that's what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours
And I might never get there but I'm gonna try
If it's 10,000 hours or the rest of my life
I'm gonna love you (Ooh)
I'm gonna love you"

"Ooh, want the good and the bad
Everything in between
Ooh, gotta cure my curiosity"

Marinette decided to sing along , and when she did, she heard Luka's voice fade. He was a bit shocked, but then looked at her with loving eyes, and listened to her angelic singing voice, while he backed her up as a second voice.

"Ooh yeah, I'd spend 10,000 hours and 10,000 more
Oh, if that's what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours (Yeah, sweet heart of yours)
And I might never get there but I'm gonna try (Yeah)
If it's 10,000 hours or the rest of my life
I'm gonna love you (Ooh)
I'm gonna love you, yeah (Ooh)"

"And I'm (Do you love the rain? Does it make you dance)
Gonna love you (I'm gonna love)
I'm
Gonna love you "

When they finished, they stared into each others' eyes, both blushing a bit. Suddenly, the silence was broken as they heard people clapping and cheering at them. Marinette and Luka blushed out of embarrassment. Marinette was able to cover up her face behind the book she was reading, while in Luka's case, he just stood outside while blushing, dry laughing, and scraping the back of his neck, before he waved goodbye and run away to escape that awkward situation, they both wanted to. They knew that they would be pestered by the other servants, and by other I mean all, since everyone was able to hear them sing. But what they both didn't know was the fact that their voices got carried by the wind and reached the Royal Family's ears.