52 ➳ Bit Fuckin' Weird

Start from the beginning

I was about to share my thoughts with Lakyn about what he had just said when the teacher spoke, "Eden you are needed at the office, take your belongings and then go to first period."

Nodding I got up and bid my goodbye to Lakyn who seemed a little annoyed that I had to leave him alone in the classroom but it instantly left as he is Lakyn and he truly doesn't mind being by himself what so ever.

While I walked down the empty and quiet hallway and back towards the office door where I had only been less than ten minutes ago. I looked behind myself a few times as anxiety crawled in my skin as I felt as if I was being followed by Boston Kain or well his new persona being, Dallas King.

His new identity was kind of funny to me as he had kept his first name a city within that state of Texas, that being New Boston and Dallas, it wasn't very creative to say the least. His last name was also kind of poorly done as he had kept the same first letter, that being 'K' and also keeping it to being only four letters.

As I continued to walk the hallways, I had finally made it back to the office door I pushed it open and once I had I felt instantly nervous, I'm not sure why but my brain was screaming at me to leave and not to stay within the small room.

"Eden." my father's familiar voice said as he stood in the quiet office room, the only other noises heard were the clicking of computer keyboards and the very soft chatter people talking in a room or two away, "I'm so sorry to be doing this at school."

My father's voice was raspy, while he fidgeted around with his hands, while his foot tapped on the tiled ground, something was right as my father is normally very calm and never comes to the school unless there is an incident needing a police officer.

But anything resulting me, Sam is normally the one to come and get me, even though he is supposed to be at college, he still manages to put that on hold and help or get me, if he needs to. Sometimes I get the feeling that he hates college and would way rather be at home than that place.

"It's okay." I said softly as I searched his eyes from what he was going to say but I came up empty, "What's up? Is everything okay?" I asked as he seemed to

He drew in a deep breath, his eyes were glued to the floor for a few minutes and then he looked up at me, a tear was in his eyes, "It's your mother pumpkin." He stumbled over the word, 'mother' as he of all people knew how I felt about her.

'She isn't my mother, not anymore', was what I wanted to say to him but I knew that right now was not the time as something was majorly wrong.

"What about her?" I finally asked.

Dad shook his head as he rubbed his temples, "She's gone pumpkin." he paused as he sucked in a breath, his lip seemed to shake ever so slightly, "I'm sorry I'm doing this to you now, of all places but I thought you should be hearing this from me."

All I could do was nod as my mind raced with the new information that my father had sprung onto me. I wanted to burst into tears and let all of my emotions out but I didn't want to do that in front of the office ladies and I couldn't do that in front of my father, I needed to be strong for him.

I took a few steps towards him where I then wrapped my arms around him, I kept the hug tight as he seemed to be trying to keep himself together for my sake but I could just feel how badly he was also hurting right now.

"S-she was found in an ally way in Detroit." he laughed sadly as he sniffled, "I have no idea how she got there but she was found with nothing on her, only the ripped and dirty clothes on her body." he said as he shook his head.

My mother was a horrible person, she broke three people apart, both emotionally and physically. Like I've said I hate that lady with almost everything within me but it broke my heart hearing she had died alone, probably from an overdose with her crackhead boyfriend nowhere to be seen.