Luz Joins The Isles

This chapter is sorta rough, but they get better, I promise!

Luz was... Confused.

And a little uneasy, and maybe a bit scared. But her wonder overtook all of that. She looked out from the side of the... Island, (At least she thinks it's an island) and to the ocean. The view was beautiful, but that wasn't really her concern. It was the creatures she saw within the view. A Giant worm like thing jumped from the water, a few fairies were flying around, and she saw a weird Monkey-Turtle thing that had spikes on it's shell. This place was amazing! It was like a magical universe! But that brought up one question.

Where was she?! All she did was follow an Owl through the shiny door in the middle of the woods!

...

Okay, yea, that probably wasn't a good idea on her part. But it had her book, and she needed that with all her being. She didn't hear the footsteps behind her, nor did she smell the scent of apples and cinnamon getting closer, the suppressants dimming her Alpha hearing and smell. She was picked up by her hood, and she made a startled yelp before making herself into a ball, and holding out her arm. "Here, if you're gonna eat me, just make it quick!"

"Eat you? Why would I eat a potential customer?" She was then set down in front of a stand, that looked like it was full of random old junk. Luz looked up at the grey haired woman and back down to her table. There was a pause then Luz looked up at the woman again. "Are you sure you don't wanna eat me?" She asked in a deadpan tone. That made to woman cackle with mad laughter, to which Luz just stood awkwardly to the side. "Wow kid, you're a riot!" She said, wiping a tear from her golden eyes. "But seriously-" she calmed getting back to business, "wanna buy something? A human like you would certainly be interested in my human artifacts!"

Luz felt a drop of sweat form on her brow. These... We're not artifacts, just trash. But something else grabbed her attention. "Human? Aren't you a human too?" Now this made the lady smile. She reached for the bandana wrapped around her head, and took it off in a dramatic way. "No way! I'm Eda the Owl Lady! Most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles!" Luz couldn't help the excitement that bubbled up in her chest. "Ohmygoshanactualwitch!!" She exclaimed, smiling wide.

But the moment ended when Eda thrust something twords her. "Hey, Ya like this shadow box here? Shows all your current despair and sadness with only one glance! Only 30 snails." Luz recognized this thing, even if it was pretty old. She was curious if it still worked, spotting some batteries in a bowl labeled "Candy(?)" She cringed thinking of the taste of batteries. (Don't ask) Definitely not candy. "That's not what it's for. Watch this." She grabbed the batteries, sticking them in a slot at the back of the box. As soon as they were in, the box came to life with, what looked like, a workout video from the 90s.

The sound got those around interested and walking over to see what it was about. Then suddenly, people were pulling money and coins from their pockets, screaming offers for the object. Eda's eyes widened and she looked to the Latina. "What'd you say your name was, human?" She asked while collecting money from the crowd. Luz smiled and held onto the bag stap that was draped over her shoulder. "Luz Noceda!"

Eda smirked and stood on the table. "What would you say to helping the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles with her stand, kid?" Luz was about to say something along the lines of, she should really be getting home when a fist crashed into the small TV, chasing the crowd around the stand away. A gruff voice spoke out of a suit of armor, where only the man's eyes were visible. "You're the most wanted witch on the Boiling Isles, and you'll be coming with me, Eda the Owl Lady!" He said, and Luz gasped. "A criminal?!" Luz was then lifted into the air again by her shirt, this time by the guard. "And you're coming too, as her accomplice!"