Manasa nodded.

"Don't worry child. We believe you more than anyone. And it won't ever change. Our daughter won't do anything wrong ever. "

Madhu gave her daughter a forehead kiss. She smiled with teary eyes hugging her mother . Her eyes stuck on the jacket over the bed. His jacket.

.

Next day early morning , Manasa was walking through the road after getting off the bus. Last day she couldn't take her two-wheeler from studio, so taking a public transport was only way.

A car rushed from behind and stopped right beside an inch from her. She skipped a heart beat in sudden action. Watching the car stopped, her face turned to anger from fear.
She knocked on the window.

"Excuse me.. don't you have eyes . Or don't know driving. Does this road seems your family property. Slide down the window.. slide down now...!!"

The window from the passenger side slid down revealing the face of the driver.

"You...", Manasa straightened her brows.

"Hello Darling. How do you do..", RK asked in his normal tone filled with arrogance.

M: "So it was intentional right. Do you want me killed.."

RK: "No way dear. RK is not that cruel to take someone's life ."

She rolled her eyes.

RK: "Hmm.. if you insist I can give you a lift. "

M: "No thanks.. I can walk myself ."

RK: "I knew your answer. I was just being a gentleman. By the way, just think, you are already late, and you are not going to get any rickshaw here  at this early ".

He was right, she thought. She is already late and punctuality was something she could never compromise on. Reluctantly she opened the car door.

"Nah... Behind.." , RK said pointing behind.

"Why, super star RK want to look like my driver ah..?"

"Don't think about me too much Bangaram. I am giving you a lift. And , you are not so important to get the privilege to sit beside me.  So , if you want to come with me, sit behind, else move. "

Manasa closed the front door with a bang and sat behind.

"Wholesale shop of Ego..!!" , She mumbled.

RK : "I heard it. "

M: "I said to you only. I am not among that losers who talks to themselves."

RK smirked and drove off.

"By the way., Here is your jacket.. I got it back after a kurukshetra war."
Manasa kept a cover on the seat.

"War...? But why..?"

"Yeah.. that stupid sister of mine, aka your biggest fan.!! She and I had a big fight from last night for this jacket. She wanted to keep it with  her."

RK smiled. "Hmm., Then let her keep. After all RK treat his fans as gems. If you allow I can even sign my autograph on it. "

Manasa looked at him, and he too through the mirror.
"No Thanks" , she said.

"Ook..!"

Soon they reached the studio. As they both stepped inside, the whole crew shared weird glances. Everyone kept staring at them.

"RK... Why all of them are looking us like this..", Manasa asked.

"How do I know.."

They got inside welcomed by a worried director and others.
Manasa and RK looked around. All of them seemed weird.
"Director saab.. will you tell me what's going on..", RK asked.

He kept silent. RK noticed the newspaper in his hand, which he tried to hide from him. RK snatched the paper and read the headlines making him boil in anger.

Manasa noticed his change. She took the newspaper from him.

"Romantic night for RK and his girlfriend."

Heey

Heey... How was the chapter..
Hope you guys liked it.
Do vote and comment 😁
And thanks alot all of you for reading the book.
I am happy to hear your responses.

Thank you.
Annujam.